30 Bananas a Day!

What excuse do you tell yourself you can't live this lifestyle right now?

What excuse do you tell yourself you can live this lifestyle right now?

Views: 900

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

money.

It costs a lot of money to buy organic food.

No wholesale food store nearby just one small co-op.

The health food store just went out of business.

I guess I'm lucky I live in TX which is close to Mexico (cheap fruit). I buy some organic but, stuff like bananas, oranges, grapefruit .. stuff that gets peeled .. I just buy the regular stuff. Kale and other leafy greens have to be organic because it's hard to remove the pesticides from them. As long as you wash everything in vinegar, water, lemon juice it should be okay. I know I know .. organic has more vitamins but, a lot of us are on a budget.
Are u saying our health should be within budget?

i live in New Hampshire we just got 10 inches of snow here on Saturday night.

Growing season is pretty much over i would say.

I want to say however that although i could use this as an excuse i am not letting it stop me.

I am intent on being healthy both physically and spiritually.

What has been putting me down a little lately is the cost, and variaty.

Once I get a job, I don't think it will be much of a problem. Most of my spendings go towards necessities. Shopping and other materialistic stuff I've cut down on.

Now variaty, that is what I've STARTED to miss. I miss more textures. I miss the rice flavors, with beans mixed in (texture and flavor) with guac and a creamy dressing (flavor and texture). Tacos, wraps, sandwitches, rice and beans....

Society can make it hard on us. We've been eating like that for years and it can be hard to just focus on fruits and veg. For me at least.

I know that stuff is bad (bad combos, bad heating, high fat) but I've been finding it hard to just eat fruit. I miss textures of sauteed veggies. Fruit is the optimal way to eating, but this society makes it hard. I'm still strong on raw fruit and some greens. If I can't control these cravings at one point at least I can still keep most of the meals raw.

When I read about the many, many different varieties of fruit, it is not unusual that we would feel this way. I believe that it is in the Fruit Hunters book and he says that there are enough varieties of fruit that you could go 50 yrs and never eat the same fruit to days in a row.
@jenny B Yes, there are a lot of different types but, getting your hands on them is another story. I live in the 4th largest city in the United States and we are still limited here as to what fruit is readily available. My other is Korean and so I do go to the Korean Markets/Asian Markets and they have a slightly different variety of fruit than the regular market.

Save the money and buy cheap food.

Eat vegan. Vegetables is cheaper. 

Fruit is expensive.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
22 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1
shaila reddy joined catalyst's group
Jun 1
Rawberry replied to Mati Manik's discussion Any 811er in Argentina?????
May 31

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service