30 Bananas a Day!

I understand that 1) everyone is different and 2) there may be some or no weight gain for beginners, but I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on how much newbie's should expect to gain. Here's a little background to get a better answer:

I started losing weight nearly 3 years ago and tried countless diets and carb restricting to keep my weight down, and while I succeeded I was never happy. I lost a total of 40lbs up until last August 2013 when I started the Paleo diet and started seriously calorie restricting, about 700-800 calories a day, and I did this up until January of this year. I lost an extra 15lbs on the Paleo diet and was scared to put any weight on. Needless to say, I worked hard to lose weight and I don't want to gain it all back only to have to wait it out to slowly lose it again. If I started seeing that I was gaining too much weight I would stop and go back to calorie restriction cause at least then I looked ok. Since starting RawTill4 I have gained 8lbs and im ok with that because even though I've put on an inch around my waist I have lost a half inch around my lower abdomen and my jeans are still nice and loose. (I think the inch around my waist is from this newfound eating huge meals so it will take a while to get used to the huge meals.) Anyways with that information, could someone tell me how much I could expect to gain and then (sometime in the future) what I could lose? I know the answer may not be concrete but an idea for me to look at would be nice. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Extra Tip: I am 5'7, 18 years old, and weigh 128lbs (average but I would like to be leaner) I also work out at least twice a week at Zumba for an hour, and I do my best to throw in 20 minute kickbox workouts an extra 3 days, so I try to workout 4-5 days a week. Every other day im a couch potato :P

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm new to this lifestyle too 4-5weeks in. Fortunately for me my weight has stayed the same 79kg-81kg at 5'7''. I try to consume around 3000kcals a day at a minimum. If you watch a lot of durianriders and freelees videos, the idea around this lifestyle is that if you choose to go high carb vegan your body needs to heal it self from metabolic damage. Unfortunately this may be different for everyone, you just need to be hold out and keep with it, stay active and if you feel great then its working, the weight will fall off eventually.  

Since you are like me, and you were pretty much eating like an anorexic (under 1000 cals ) for a long period of time, you will gain weight. You body was starved.... I know mine was - I went from 120 to  130-135 depending on how much liquid,food, salt i had the night before. A lot of this so called weight is water retention from higher carb intake and proper hydration. However, it is almost inevitable not to gain weight if you come from calorie restriction background. Your body needs to heal - it cannot heal while starving. EAT, don't be afraid of the weight.... I still get pissed off sometimes in the morning but then I realize that its all going to pay off in the endd bigg time ;) Stay consistent.. and stay away from the fat ( my biggest issue lol those damn avos)....Trust the process, trust your body - SUGAR, SLEEP, WATER AND  FRESH AIR EXERCISE. And you are set :) 

How come I didn't gain weight right away then?

body is a tricky thing, it won't pile it on right away (most of the time). Regardless of where you come from it takes time to gain/loose. Your body knows what its doing. When i was restricting there were weeks at a time where i would binge and would not compensate. So technically i should have gained weight right away... but i didn't. My body took it like a metabolism kick and burned it off... But as soon as it became more than a month - weight gain....true story

That sounds very familiar, at least I know I am not alone

There is no way to tell but more info. will get you more help:  When asking for assistance please include the following information

Lots of good reading here: 

Aloha to 30BaD's Welcome Wagon!

That Aloha blog was great! Thanks so much for that!

Sure thing! :)  The other link was not working but it should work now.

Like Shaun T says about his Insanity fitness program...forget the image of the fitness model on the magazine.  Forget Freelea even.  At the end of this thing, you're going to look like *you* on the 30BaD program, and that's a very beautiful thing.  The true you is under there, the good news is that you can now be sufficiently carbed and feel fantastic while you work to achieve your personal health goals..

Physically I do feel better, one million times better, it is hard sometimes realizing I don't have that model look. It is just going to take a lot of time and self image improvement to realize I'm perfect the way I a, through every step of weight gain and loss. Thank you for that.

While what I said is true, I guess I should have clicked on your avatar pic and photo album before I spoke lol!  You are very lovely and I'm sure you could be a trainer/guru or fitness model if that's what you desire.

Why thank you :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus's photo was featured
10 hours ago
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
11 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
11 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
11 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
11 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
11 hours ago
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
11 hours ago
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
11 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service