30 Bananas a Day!

I have been HCRV for a month and a half. I'm finding myself hit a wall. I felt good for about two weeks then started to feel sugar rushes from eating meals of fruit. Then crashes wanting to sleep after the meal. I'm feeling foggy and like i'm missing something. I eat, banana's for breakfast, oranges for lunch and a high carb cooked vegan meal (potatoes, pasta or rice) for dinner. I simply cannot eat two or three heads of lettuce for dinner! I'm looking for a less dense dinner option that doesn't make me stack on belly fat. 

My skin is dry, my allergies are playing up and i'm gaining a ridiculous amount of weight -even though i was on 2000 cals a day - I've since reduced that to 1800 cals. I feel like a whale, all bloated and bursting out of my clothes. 

I wonder if this diet is recommended for someone who DOESN'T run everyday or can't workout everyday or even every second day. How many calories should i eat if i'm sedentary? Not that i am, i train 3,4 or 5 times a week at high intensity usually but have been sick for two weeks. I'm just stacking on weight and don't feel like myself. I'm thinking maybe a fruit breakfast/lunch with a vegetarian dinner of tempe and salad would work better for me. 

Plus i want to lift weights is anyone else doing weight training on this diet? I was thinking of using a small amount of protein after sessions? Suggestions? 

Views: 1515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have issues if i pile in too much fruit i get lethargic and lazy. If i put in just the right amount i'm energized. If i go to long without more I crash. Its like learning how to eat all over again. You have to give it time. I know when I pack in a huge fruit meal I feel like a friggen whale it took time to remind myself its just a full belly its not fat. Supposivly this gets better in time. I hear folks can eat mountains of food and they dont feel this way I'm not there yet.

I know protein isnt advocated on this board I go back and forth with hemp protein myself.

I was having a similar sort of problem, found that the rice and the potatoes helped stack on weight, also made me feel really really bloated as they take ages o digest. Also have been getting appalling sleep for the past two weeks, no sugar rushes from the bananas but increased heart rate from the rice and potatoes, read through...

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/blogs/starchvsfruit

My only explanation towards you feeling sugar rushes after eating fruit is actually because you aren't getting enough on 1800 cal, especially for somone who is training so much, and your body is trying desperate for the glucose and there for processes it v.quickly.

Since starting this lifestyle, I was training like mad for the first few months, and not eating enough fructose calories, so would binge on nuts and granola and stuff, and it piled on my ass. Tomorrow I will have been properly low fat 66.66* raw vegan, on on between 2200-2500, sometimes more, (cooked grains and potatoes in eve) for three weeks and haven't done ANY training apart from yoga and walking, I can feel the weight dropping off me slowly, where as before, since I was training so hard, my body probably still felt like it needed to retain the fat as I was using so much energy.

See my discussion:

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/couldn-t-wait-to-ask-this

Of cource evryone is different and if you want to train hardcore that's up to you, I will defo start up training again, when I have got the diet sussed and the weight has dropped a bit, until then it's really uncomfortable. Best for luck sweetie (: 

As per guidelines...

Please post all cooked food topics/questions in this group: High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions.  The main forum is for raw food support.  While we do not promote cooking here, if one is unable to get enough calories from fruit or is transitioning, then eating low fat cooked vegan meals to get calories and carbs in is the second best option. 

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/30bads-policy-on-procooked

Thanks for your consideration,

The 30BaD Crew

Ok! Firstly, i come from a restrictive background but this was ten years ago. I've eaten 2000-2500 cals everyday for years, including eating something every two hours to balance blood sugars etc.

Very healthy options (salads, green smoothies, eggs, vegetables etc)- however my diet was protein heavy because that is the healthy standard at the moment. No i couldn't sustain a high protein/low carbs diet for long. I always loved fruit and sweets would always get the better of me. 

So i would think my metabolism is quite good. At least moderately good! Considering i train every week and have a fairly good level of fitness. 

I struggle with eating a big salad because it just gets really bland and i don't enjoy it. Plus it is winter and at night i'm looking for something warm. Rice/pasta has been too fattening so i'm off that. 

I'm getting really dry old looking skin, no breakouts just looks as though its not repairing over night. I did wonder if this is because i not getting enough protein. 

I use the application, 'My Fitness Pal,' and i tend to get between 6-9% protein, fats (i never have a problem with!) 9-12% and the rest carbs. I'm struggling to balance the fat to protein ratio without protein supplementation. 

Banana's are giving me ingestion too now. I have hay fever (itchy nose, mouth, throat) which stop me from sleeping unless i take a telfast and skin rashes/itchy skin. I just feel as though my health is going down hill.

Perhaps it is all detox symptoms.

I'm stacking on weight around my gut/butt. And retaining fluid for some reason - thats what makes me feel like a whale! lol

I did decide to return to a normal diet a couple of times, yet i'm reluctant to give up this way of eating. I just really enjoy the simplicity of it. Normally, you'd come crashing off an eating regime, yet i'll have to force myself off this one! Interesting! 

first off, eggs are not a healthy option: http://nutritionfacts.org/index.php?s=eggs

rice and pasta is not fattening but fruit will speed your healing and weight balancing more than anything cooked.

check on your water intake, are you peeing 10+ times daily?

sleep schedule?

are your bananas ripe with spots?  are you eating them before or after your cooked meal?

you will never go back once you have tried the fruit based diet! :)  it is the way and the truth! :)

A read through Aloha to 30BaD's Welcome Wagon! with all the links will help you stay on track and answer lots of questions. 

Hey!

I meant that eggs are considered a healthy option for the high protein diet which is the accepted health standard currently. I used to eat them. Not anymore.

Rice and pasta make me swell. Fluid and weight gain i feel. 

I'm peeing more than 10 times daily! Every hour roughly. Give or take.

My bananas are spotty, i buy the 'smoothie' bananas from my organic delivery service. They're ripe.

Always have my fruit before cooked foods. I am familiar with food combining from years ago. I have suffered MUCH less gas on this diet than the standard one. 

I just feel bloated, (not necessarily stomach but whole body) sluggish with bad skin and its hard to get up and go. Perhaps its just detox symptoms who knows. But others seem to have more energy and more positive reactions. 

Sleep is min 8-9 hours to 10 hours max. 

ok thanks for more details, the obvious answer is that you are not eating enough, again read through  the welcome wagon to find out more info. on this  lifestyle and where you will find such things as...

A.  How do i know im not eating enough calories from fruit?
1. Cooked food starts to look and smell good.
2. Cooked food looks more then the toxic, second rate slop it really is.
3. Your energy, power, strength start to go downhill.
4. Your attitude starts to suck. You just want to rip apart people and scream at them with frustration.
5. You start to question this whole raw gig.
6. You get cravings during the day and evening.
7. You start to rely on discipline to keep you raw.
8. You start to make raw pasta dishes, raw cakes etc.
9. You start to question if we really need to exercise.
10. Your so thin and weak that your athletic friends start to get concerned.
11. You start to question veganism.
12. You start blending maccadamias with dulse and spread it on 1inch thick flax crackers you made at 3am in the morning.
13. You wake up at night and steal your housemates fruit. If your housemate is called banana guns and he told you not to eat the papaya, and you did, you aint eating enough fruit cals.
14. You start to want to take fancy herbs and experiement with other diets.
15. Your actually eating cooked food and reading this.
16. Youve got some Fred Bisci Enzymes in your pocket and your ready to try the 'all raw but 20% cooked rule'
17. You want to believe that Brian Clement is right when he says corn chips are better than fruit. 
18. You just paid aajonus vonderplanitz 400$ for a one hour consult and he told you to put an egg on a window edge for 50 days until its putrid and then to eat it. and you did it. you saw your dog eat some animal poo and you tried it too. ( true story i just heard).
19. You just cant sleep!! you are approaching insomniac.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/notes/Frequently_Asked_Questions

and...

Why 2500/3000 Calories A Day?

Why are your calorie recommendations so high?

How come we do not calorie restrict here?

Healthy Weight Gain

Will I gain weight? Why am I gaining weight?

But won't I get fat on fruit?!?

A Compilation of some of our Favorite Responses to Common Questions

Abdominal Bloating

Why is my belly so big after eating fruit?

Why do I go to bed fat and wake up flat?

What is the cause of my abdominal bloating?

Kath, I'm in a similar situation to you. I just read through the article about abdominal bloating posted above. This part is interesting:

Transitioning Not Recommended

One cannot ride two bikes with one bum!

Eating fruit on top of slow digesting food can cause the fruit to ferment leading to digestive discomfort and or pain, gas, bloating, and other problems like brain fog.

CHEAT DAYS = SICK DAYS!

Cheating with cooked food, and even steamed vegetables, can cause digestive upsets, detox symptoms, and a return of previous conditions. What many members who have tried to transition have experienced is that the longer they eat raw, the cleaner their bodies get.  Their bodies will react violently when they cheat with cooked food.  Symptoms may include upset stomach, vomiting, constipation, headache, acne, and other detox symptoms.  The best way to describe it is sudden onset of flu like symptoms which may last 1-3 days.

This is exactly how I feel. I've been doing this for a little over 2 months now and also gaining weight and feeling extremely uncomfortable bloating like I'm gonna burst. I've noticed that mine happens when I eat cooked food. When I go 2 days fully raw I feel so much better; my stomach feels fine after eating large amounts of food. I also read something like this Doug Graham wrote in his book 80-10-10. I believe he said even if you eat a cooked meal the night before if you eat fruit the next day it will get slowed down by the cooked meal because the cooked meal is still trying to digest.

I'm not sure why some people can eat cooked and not feel these symptoms but I think everyone is different and not everyone will be able to eat cooked food without side effects. I have a crappy immune system so maybe that's why I can't do it. Or maybe after you've been fully raw for a long time you're body can handle cooked food better but when you are first starting it takes away from detoxing faster and/or properly. 

make sure you eat a lot of greens, they are a big part of 811. greens and celery

Oh and i have PCOS. Which makes me slightly insulin resistant. Maybe this is the real reason i'm stacking on weight around my mid section. I'll have to go back to salads, veges and vegetarian protein id say. 

nothing wrong with gaining temporary weight to get you to 100% health! :)

in the long run you will be lean and healthy on 811rv lifestyle, stick to it, it works of you work it! :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Tuesday
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Sunday
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Sunday
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Sunday
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10
Profile IconSean, Magdalena, George Gagnon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 9
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 5
Peter's photo was featured
Jun 4
Profile IconRuby, linhle11, 13thMoon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 4

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service