30 Bananas a Day!

Hello,

I've gained a lot of weight since starting this diet. I know that this is normal and expected (especially with a past of metabolic damage) but the weight gain keeps increasing. My clothes are starting to not fit anymore. I have noticed some positive changes though, like my rapid hair growth, my nails being stronger, and the acne on the back of my arms is now finally almost gone. As for energy, I recall having a lot of energy a couple of months ago, but now my energy levels are alright. They're not amazing, but they're not bad. I would say that as a college student, they're better than average, but I don't experience the super amazing energy that every other vegan seems to rave about. I think it could be because I've been exercising less ever since my ankle injury. I am starting to get back into it now though, so hopefully that will help. I eat around 2,800 to 3,000 calories a day. I notice that if I eat less than this, I have trouble falling asleep.

Can someone please provide some feedback and support? Is this extreme weight gain normal? I haven't weighed myself, but I can tell that I've gained at least 17 pounds or more. I don't eat high fat, and all my meals are pretty much the same as freelee's (bananas or dates for breakfast and lunch, potatoes or corn pasta for dinner).

Views: 2398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you will be fine in the long run. Sasha from Rice&Raw said she gained 15 lbs on her journey before everything leveled out and then she began to lose all the weight and then some. You just have to give your body time, stay positive, let your ankle heal, and stay awesome. :) a lot of people would have turned away if they gained 17 lbs but you stuck with it so just keep up the good work and soon you'll see all the positive results.

Thanks so much Brandon :) That's very encouraging to hear. 

I have gained so much. I don't think this lifestyle is for me. I love what these guys stand for though. I have PCOS and am wondering if this lifestyle suits that condition.

What's PCOS? And don't worry, since I last posted this I've gained even more weight. It's really disheartening, but we just have to stay strong and keep going :)

I have PCOS as well as endometriosis. I've gained more than 30 lbs so far. BUT the amazing thing is the reduction in pain every month! If weight gain is the only temporary side-effect I'm happy! And I've seen many people's YouTube videos saying they gained weight at first but in time it started to just melt away.

I'm anxiously waiting for that lol! This lifestyle is so worth it! I haven't had a cyst burst in months!!!

I totally agree. I think this lifestyle is amazing since it benefits us, the animals, and the planet. I also love how I feel when I eat this way. And I think exercise helps too, but it can also be a hindrance when I do an intense workout and then I under eat :( because then I have trouble sleeping, and I notice that the next few days after that I gain a lot of weight. 

Trouble Sleeping = check your B12 levels. edit: Also if you don't sleep well you can gain weight since the body hasn't had a chance to catch up / produces weight gaining hormones etc. B12 deficiency also related to fat metabolism in the liver.

Yea I noticed that the few days after I've had a bad night's sleep, I noticeably gain weight within just a few days :(

Hi,

What are nightshades? 

How about your leafy greens and veggies. This is important to replenish minerals that are vital for overall health.
I'm definitely in the same boat as you are! And to be honest its scarying the blooding sh** out if me, i really really dont want to gain any more weight! If you find something that works please let me know! My problem may be that im not getting enough calories, because im still in that stupid mindset of more calories = more fat on your body. I CANT HELP IT , it's embedded into my brain! Anyways ii've upped my excercise routine etc but NOTHING is working, i feel bloated, gassy & sad 24/7 now . Its really hard trying to lose weight and yet deal with the stresses of year 12, trying to complete tasks as well as eat! So if anyone has the answer to my weight gain pls HALP a sister out! I barely eat any fat, and now for the past 2-3 weeks, everytime i eat i feel so sick and get "hunger like" pains even though im so full

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
7 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
23 hours ago
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
23 hours ago
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
yesterday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
yesterday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday
"As Hong Kong ATMs Run Out Of Cash, Central Bank Steps In To Prevent "Panic Among The Public" #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35aHziW"
Oct 7
"Financial Crisis at PMC - India Leaves Thousands Crying For Their Money! Bank Runs Lead To Withdrawal Limits #truth http://j.mp/2oiRdPW"
Oct 7
"Economic Collapse News - The Fed Extends Repo Operations Through Nov, Retail Job Cuts 2019 #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35exba7"
Oct 7

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service