30 Bananas a Day!

I love the taste of watermelon, and melon season/summer is fast approaching where I live. There's nothing more I'm looking forward to than buying a 20 pound watermelon and scarfing down half of it for breakfast.

The only problem is eating watermelon most of the time gives me an uneasy feeling in my stomach/lower chest. I make sure to eat it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach so as to not have other foods interfere with its digestion. And it seems no matter how much of it I eat there's always a risk of that uneasiness that might occur.

Does anyone else experience this when eating watermelon? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe I'm not chewing thoroughly enough. Should I try blending it?

Views: 1278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From piecing bits and pieces together i've concluded it's hyperkolemia that causes the problem - basically the rapid increase in potassium levels. The chromium suggested probably helps because if insulin is increased then the potassium winds up in the cells instead of hanging about outside causing trouble.

You can avoid/improve things by consuming celery (higher in sodium to balance things out) or putting some sea salt in your water and drinking that prior to your meal. Hope that helps

Thanks for the info :)

slow down

I'm a recent victim.  Argh!  I thought I had a perfect solution.  I did fine for 3-4 days then stomach aches started kicking in.

I spent at least an hour eating half a watermelon, it went fine yeah baby!

So I was wondering about this myself, because I found myself with crippling pain in the fetal position after eating watermelon for breakfast the other day. Lucky for me, I work in an endocrinology lab that studies sugar metabolism. I asked some of my colleagues, and our consensus: sorbitol/fructose intolerance/sensitivity. A lot of people experience upset stomachs when ingesting more than 10 grams of sorbitol in a sitting, which watermelon contains, along with high levels of fructose. Turns out fructose and sorbitol sensitivity coincide, so if you are ingesting large amounts of fructose (which we 801010ers are) it will amplify your sorbitol sensitivity. Many of the doctors in my lab will give sorbitol to patients who are constipated, because it tends to have a... clearing out... effect on the body, so those with unhappy bowels might be more sensitive and more likely to experience stomach pain when eating foods containing sorbitol.

So my question is: are we hurting our bodies by ingesting sugars we are sensitive to, namely sorbitol and our good friend fructose? I'm not sure yet. I'm going to spend some time researching this, so if anyone knows of any studies done about this, let me know!

I hope it's good for you because melons are my favorite healthy food, period.  I would start a website, "30 melons a day" if such a thing were feasible.

Please keep us informed of anything you find out Gina.  It went fine for me today, slowed way down.

Chromium saved me!! I have this same problem, mines more of a burning, stabbing pain in my stomach from eating watermelon. Been taking 200 mg everyday, today was the third day and no pain!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!

Taylee, when do you take the Chromium and when do you eat the melon?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
21 hours ago
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Tuesday
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11
"PRESIDENT TRUMP & FREEDOM FIGHTERS TARGETED & BLACKLISTED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Hamvzj"
May 8
"Q - We Are The Plan #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vEHbIP"
May 7
ednshell posted a video

MEASLES FOR DUMBIES

Multistreaming with https://restream.io/ MEASLES FOR DUMBIES! THE HIGHWIRE BRINGS AN ULTIMATE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO IDENTIFYING, UNDERSTANDING, AND REFUTING ...
May 7
Stewart is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 7

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service