30 Bananas a Day!

Hi guys!

I want to move some place with a lot of fresh fruits and raw people around. I need some advice. Where is it easier and cheaper to move, easier to adapt, maybe there are some communities of raw vegans somewhere. Also it would be helpful if someone tells me about their experience.

Thank you all in advance!

Views: 1962

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'm very happy for you! So where are you moving?

I'm moving to Naples, Florida.

Zone 10, tropical, I can grow all my bananas, mangoes, papayas. etc.!!!!:)))

right on Saba:)

I can't wait to get started I'm so frickin excited!!!:)

i can imagine that :)

On a practical side, you have to think also about the visas issues, right to residency etc, work rules for foreigners etc...

I say that, because we choose to move to Spain, after thinking a lot about a tropical country. But it was just easier to go back to Europe for us since we wanted to give up working full time for a company (or a university like we did before, but they are more like companies now ;-). So we moved to the south part of Spain, the Costa Tropical, where you can get lots of tropical fruits. We could have moved to the Canarians islands too, which have more bananas and papayas, but the water issues there for farming kept us away after we found a place in the south of Spain that has lots of water (unlike the rest of the country).

If there was no visas to worry about, I think I would have tried to find a place in a sub tropical climate more than fully tropical, for the humidity and possible mosquitoes, snakes, scorpions etc.

i moved to hawaii last year and have been sorting things out for about a year now.

pm me if you have any specific questions.

i can tell you that i will have a tough time living away from the tropics. i'm trying to move forwards not backwards

If I could move to Hawaii, I would and join my friends already there... But my passport just does not want me to do so... I used to live in San Diego for several years, working at the University, but when I quit my job, I lost my visa and had to move out of the US within 6 months.

Got to find compromises.

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii... we have farmers markets daily that offer tons of organic locally grown fruit including bananas, oranges, cheremoyas, pineapple, mango, guava, jackfruit, etc.

Tons of greens and other veg too. Beautiful "health food" stores that promote locally grown stuff... even the big market sells lots of local stuff.  I have met some raw foodists and many vegans and know of a couple places that currently do a "raw food" type of thing. Many communities here are about vaganism and sustainability. There is lots of country land here to grow foods, fruit trees do extremely well. There are places where land is available for less than $5k.

We have tropical weather and running clubs, biking clubs, and of course the iron man each year. This is the place to be if you're going to live in the U.S. However you might want to have your own job to bring with you... unless you want to work at Walmart or McDonalds LOL... pretty ironic, right?

Hawaii seems like such a nice place to move to. But because of the US visa it's almost impossible for me to move there.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service