30 Bananas a Day!

has anyone in the community been successful by walking to lose weight/ boost metabolism? i come from an anorexic background and associate running with being anorexic/not eating and i also hate it. I love walking and was just wondering everyone else's thoughts on this! thanks so much everyone! 

Views: 922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know why people are saying walking is not good for weight loss... walking is the bomb. Seriously. The only thing is per hour you don't get as much out of it as running or cycling, but if you put the time in, and keep a reasonable pace (doesn't need to even be that hard) for *distance* it's the best. ie, IMO walking 10kms vs running 10kms, consistently every day, you will do better with walking, though it will take longer. Just my experience. I like the fact you can do it every day, and you don't get injuries, you could even do it 7 days if you wanted, since it's really not that much. I walk as much as I can, but 5-6kms a day is plenty, 5-6 days a week. And you aren't stressing yourself. It's also a type of exercise that if you do at moderate to low intensity, will usually (everyone's different) cause a very efficient fat burn in your body - up to 80/20 fat to carbs. So you can go further with less sugar - that's the way we're designed - to walk far. Running is usually for escaping predators, so we burn very high sugar ratio, but go less distance (unless you train aka Durianrider etc). But for us mortals, walking is king, again, just IMO. And yes, after a while you will start to say, hey, this feels good, but I want to run - aka, run for fun, and just do as much as feels right.

As for pushing yourself, I always say, sure, push yourself a little bit, but not much more. Pushing a bit is good, healthy and should be enjoyable like, lets see how far I can go, how fast etc, and only if you feel like it. But pushing like "I'm going to kill this s**t*" haha, is not good, IMO.

Edit: the people who say running is better for fat loss in my experience are usually the ones who consider that you require a calorie deficit per day in order to force the body to burn fat. Whereas I'm talking about being carbed up, just having a gentle walk for a reasonable distance, the body will be relaxed and say, hey, lets burn this fat up. And that's what you want. Then you can do it tomorrow and the next day and so on because it's not an injury inducing activity. Slow and steady wins the race - consistency etc. Go for more higher cardio when you feel up to it.

I think walking is great! I am at a point now where I am not running, and walking has been great! Its relaxing but can be great for your body! Good luck to you in your journey :)

Thanks you too!

i used to walk 3hours a day when i had ed and i lost a stone in 3 weeks but then again i was restricting calories but interestingly enough when i only continued to walk for just 20 mins a day at a fast rate i still maintained the weight and it really boosted my metabolic rate, so sometimes i find it hard to weight gain!

Walking is awesome! I try to walk between 5 and 10 km a day. It's a fact that walking is the most natural form of exercise for humans. With that said, I believe walking is a great way to make your body a bit more natural which could mean a bit of weight loss.

However, exercise should not be the primary tool for loosing weight. Diet will always be number 1.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"WHISTLEBLOWER GOES PUBLIC W/ NEW DETAILS OF FBI PLOT. SAYS HE GAVE BARR NAMES/DETAILS BACK IN APRIL! #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2zh63bH"
2 hours ago
Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 19
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service