30 Bananas a Day!

One of my good friends is a Nursing major and just the other day she was telling me and other people how her classes were teaching her that being vegetarian is bad for you because you don't get enough minerals and vitamins and that being vegan is even worse. Can you believe that?!? It made me so mad to hear that professors were actually teaching that! Meanwhile she was eating a bag of BBQ chips and the conversation before that was how they loved KFC and taco bell, so healthy!!;p I don't understand. People bash on vegan-ism and vegetarianism because they think it's unhealthy, but then they eat greasy fatty food, but it's okay because they are still getting their calcium and protein from their meat and cheese. It doesn't make sense. I think we need an 80/10/10 raw vegan teaching these health classes.

Views: 678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah the reality is that Nursing majors or even MDs don't have to do barely any nutritional training, and what is required only supports the SAD model because it makes the bucks. People walk around bashing vegans like they have PhDs in nutrition when in all reality they couldn't tell you diddly squat about any specifics such as protein being made up of amino acids and that as long as you get caloric sufficiency these amino acids needs are met easily on a vegan diet. Gotta keep breaking the stereotype of the weak lethargic vegans to counter it :)

I  can't even imagine if I was a nursing major or a similar major where I had to learn that in class and get tested on it! Sometimes people just have to go out and do their own research and think for themselves. What's better proof of what a healthy human being should look like, a textbook or an actual person on the lifestyle? But, yes we definitely have to keep breaking the stereotype!

And that my friend is why our world has so many major problems. :) 

Yes in deed.

the gov even makes the argument against me in court saying a vegan can't raise a kid

That's just ridiculous!! The truth about a vegan lifestyle is catching on I feel like, which I am happy about, but there are still some people (well most people) who just don't understand. It's sad.

society  forces us to feed our youth cruelty 

i still remember the school lunches of pizza & french fries and breakfast of milk and cereal

man i hated school or was it what i was fed?

fck em !

My high school required us to get a milk carton with our lunch or we would have to pay more!! I was just vegetarian then, but I look back now and think how could they do that? Of course they had pizza and fries and the healthy option they had was a salad the size of my fist. Pshh!

it was not just plain pizza but had  wildly salted sausage on it  i am funning to myself what we have done to our youth and continue to do i feel sorry for me as a child eating worse then dog food and how i struggled with the whole thing of what school is and what does to a person many long years after i was fed poisons of all sorts mind and eatable..

They probably required milk because it makes you sleepy, the more sleepy you are the less hyper you are in class :)

The feds require schools to force the kids to drink milk otherwise they don't get their school lunch program funding.

It's the powerful sway of the dairy industry. When I was a vegan eating anything I ordered a pizza from Dominoes online to be delivered. I put "no cheese" into the query and a message popped up saying something to the extent of "We will not put cheese on your pizza but our record of your order has cheese on it because the dairy council needs to see we had cheese on it."

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Apr 2
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service