30 Bananas a Day!

Hello beautiful people :)

I was reading an article about a man named David Warwak a few weeks ago and it really worried me. He was a vegan art teacher in Illinois who got fired for giving the children some honest information about his beliefs and incorporating themes of animal compassion into some of his art projects.

I am currently studying elementary education at the University of the Virgin Islands, and as I get more involved in animal rights advocacy I am starting to feel that I would not want to work at a regular school. I want to teach children to live healthfully, have compassion for all animals, and most importantly to THINK.  By doing this at a regular school I would most likely get fired. And I know I would not be able to keep my mouth shut when the children are given milk and chicken nuggets everyday.  Are there any teachers here who have to deal with things like this? And are there any vegan schools out there? I am thinking that I want to work at or start a vegan school when I get my degree!

Sending lots of love and sunshine your way,

Cait 

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was a school in the movie "Super Size Me" that had a much healthier lunch program than most, but it wasnt vegan.  Look into that one or similar ones.

I will look into that. Thank you!

To be honest I see it from one possible observation that it will come a point (probably when 'change' inevitably stagnates)  when someone or so many will come together and build a society/school/life-style base off Lemuria's teachings, core principles and fundamentals. It is where Humans once were the brilliant, loving, compassionate, brain hemispheres + heart unity, multi-dimensional abilities and connection to the Divine source.  

In a nut shell, its the collective reality that most 'Vegans', perhaps even 'Vegetarians', 'Omnivores' or 'awakeners/truthers' want. But keep doing what you're doing! And I agree and would love to be a-part of a school/teacher/student :)! Its possible! 

Yes, it is possible! And I'm sure that if there isn't a vegan school now there will be one in the near future.

LOL Carey ;-D

Come to Pine View School for the gifted in Osprey, FL. :)

Florida would definitely be warm enough for me :) Is Pine View School vegan?

Nah, I wish. But it is very open to different ideas, and there are at least some vegetarians and maybe one or two vegans, and one LFRV (me). :)

School is a dangerous place and becoming more so, it is a part of the pathological 'nwo', it wouldn't be wise to get caught up in it, or any institution for that matter. You put yourself at great risk becoming a school teacher. 

So would you recommend home schooling? I am starting to agree with you that schools can do more harm than good and that is why I want to start a private school based on principles of veganism and compassion.

What about starting your own private school?

This is my plan (as of now). Opening a private school on beautiful land based on Waldorf principles emphasizing nature, growth, animals, fruit..

I worked at a preschool for almost 3 years and it is painful to see children with behavioral problems being fed horribly. I want to have an honest school raising aware individuals. 

That is so great to hear that you have these intentions too!!

That sounds wonderful! Maybe we could start a school together one day :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service