30 Bananas a Day!

I will be going to an island off Sault Ste. Marie, Canada, for about two weeks (July 27th - August 10th).  It's going to be near-impossible for me to be all, or even mostly, raw during that time, because there are no actual grocery stores nearby.  The only close-ish market has a lot of packaged junk, but I don't remember if it has any fruit (I was last there two years ago, and not raw vegan then).  I am planning on bringing a large box of dates with me, and stocking up on as many bananas and heads of romaine lettuce as possible when we stop at the grocery store on the way up.  However, I know this won't be enough, seeing as there is limited car/fridge space (though, thankfully, bananas and dates don't need refrigeration), and the other three people who will be driving up with me aren't raw or vegan.  I think there'll be another grocery run about halfway through our time there, but I am still worried I won't have enough food, especially since I am going to be very active (swimming, kayaking, and yoga every day, plus Centurion Method training three to five days a week, since I won't have a gym to lift/being a bad*** wildwoman is fun).  I've already resigned myself to eating rice for dinner every day, but potatoes make me ill, and I don't want to have to eat a LOT of rice. =/

Any ideas or suggestions?

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

organic nuts are in the HIGH CAL but small amt category.I found stuff like that like with me and the dates incredibly helpful while on the go and starving half to friggen death cause my food options where crap.

In my case I hate nuts they make me gag. ITs a bit of a monkey wrench when someone says "Oh eat some nuts for protein and fat" I'm like yeah GAG no thanks!

Thank you for the suggestion!  Unfortunately, I, like Jim, can't stand nuts on their own (except cold raw Brazil nuts ... don't ask me why! =P ).  They also make me feel kind of icky. =/

lol i often wonder if I have an alergy to nuts. Nothing makes me gag more then a walnut or something or almond or whatever.

I was scared with the dates because there gewy and often hurt my teeth pretty bad when i eat them alone. Tho I found a tub of some really awesome ones while i was on my trip and had no problem eating them non stop!

I don't like to eat dates alone, because, quite frankly, it kind of feels like a chore!  It's not easy to eat them quickly.  That's why I prefer datorade, and will definitely be making a lot of it, as per ednshell's suggestion! =)

I would calI the place you are going, hotel, grocery store and/or visitors center and ask about the fruit situation and if they have any frig space you could use.   I would skip the greens for the two weeks and just bring dates and bananas and a blender, figure out how many dates you will need for calories and bring that many as back up.  Freelee did 7 days on just datorade, so it can be done! :) 

You could do peaches the first two days, then mangoes the third day, they should be okay with no frig for 3 days, then the bananas come in ripe and last you for two or three solid days, then datorade and apples the last day or so until your next grocery run and then repeat. :)  Just figure out exactly how much you will need to cover your calorie needs! 

Have a fantastic trip, let us know how it goes! :)

Thank you for the awesome suggestions, ednshell!  Unfortunately, there is no nearby visitor's center or grocery store -- we're going to St. Joseph's Island, which is literally in the middle of nowhere.  However, that blender idea is a great one!  I didn't even think about that. =)  I'll be bringing up 20 lbs. of dates, anyway, so I can just put the blender in the same bag.  I do want to get my greens in, though, because I honestly love them (romaine, specifically!).  I think they add a little something to banana and date smoothies that I would otherwise miss!  Also, I think I would go crazy without greens, haha.

I was a little worried we'd never make another grocery run, but I talked with my boyfriend, and he said, if need be, we can take the boat out to get groceries, which makes me feel a lot better!  I am also kind of worried about other people availing themselves of the fruit I get, but I don't want to be rude and say, 'Please don't eat that.'  Eh.  I guess I'll play that by ear?  Have you ever encountered a similar situation, ednshell?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
15 hours ago
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service