30 Bananas a Day!

I have been attempting to detoxify for about a week now. At first I was eating only fruits, including unsweetened and unsulphured dried fruits, vegetables, and raw nuts. In the middle of the week I decided to eliminate vegetables because they can be harsh on the digestive system. I thought nuts would be fine (I thought they would help eliminate bulk waste, though also harsh on digestion), but I was advised not to eat them because the overt fats could slow the weight loss I so eagerly hope to attain. So now I'm left wondering, is it okay to eat unsweetened and unsulphured Turkish apricots, mango, etc., if doing the fruit detox? What about freezing bananas to make banana "ice cream?" I'm pretty sure I've already completed the first phase of detoxification, so whatever I've been doing seems to be working. But my weight isn't budging, which could be a sign that either the nuts were a horrible idea, I'm still doing something wrong (eating dried fruit), or I need to be patient and let my body continue to relax. I know it's the latter because today is the first day that I haven't eaten nuts. But I want to make sure I don't continue to do this unskillfully.

Thanks, in advance, to all who offer their thoughts and advice.

Views: 1111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good for you.  Power the salad!

Hmm, late eating (respective to bedtimes) is probably one of those "do as I say, not as I do" right now :)

First, raw food simply digests faster and better than cooked food.  The difference in tum bloat is quite noticeable. 

The ideal is to consume your necessary cals early enough in the day that they're not literally weighing down your sack time.  I'd say at least 2-3 hrs prior, depending on the meal and size.

That said, if you're still short cals nearing bedtime, it's preferable to squeeze in some more.  Cal shortage can actually negative impact the ability to sleep, and you might feel diminished the next day too, from both angles (cals and lack of proper sleep).  Fitness could definitely be impacted then. 

In short, get your cals early, but get em regardless!

Thank you!

I guess I should have been more clear in my previous post. Before the salad (romaine lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, and freshly squeezed lemon juice), I had already consumed around 2,500 calories or more... so I didn't expect I'd get hungry again. My circadian sleep rhythms are off-rhythm and I feel doomed to a nocturnal life -- which is more than likely affecting my health negatively.

I have always been naturally nocturnal, even though my mother put me to bed very early when I was a child. It seems everyone on my biological father's side is like this. I can't seem to find a way to reset my sleep cycle. I've tried depriving myself of sleep by getting up very early but I become most energetic late at night, even when deprived of sleep. I was just taking a prescription sleep medication and my body fought it, that and melatonin. I'm sure once my health reaches a point near optimal my body will naturally begin to reset my sleep cycle.

Thanks again for chiming in. I hope you had a fruitful day!

Oh, and laughably enough, I actually still feel hungry. It could be that I need more water, you say? But I feel utterly nauseated when I drink water on an empty stomach.

Holy fruit! 7,000 calories, I can't even imagine eating that much fruit -- but I'm sure I'll feel the need for it one of these days. Thanks for telling me this, it's comforting to know. Now knowing this, I don't think I'm mistaking dehydration for hunger. I just know that if my stomach feels empty and drinking water is making me feel ill, then that means it truly is hunger, otherwise, it's just thirst.

I have tried this, going to bed an hour earlier, getting up earlier... nothing has worked. But I also haven't had a steady job for the past couple of months, so not having a reason to get up early has also been the cause of me wanting to sleep longer no matter what time I went to bed. I'm also sure that my recent poor state of health plays a large role. Now, my detox symptoms are really strong so the lethargy caused by that isn't helping either. I would love to be on the sleep schedule that you are on. I got a job today, though, so this will hopefully help me get back on track. I'm so excited!

Thanks for being so encouraging! It is really helpful since my detox symptoms have been more severe than I was anticipating.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock and Nemo are now friends
1 hour ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
yesterday
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
yesterday
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10
"Deutsche Bank will exit global equities business and slash 18,000 jobs in sweeping overhaul #truth #love #light #now https://cnb.cx/2LFElN9"
Jul 8
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 8
"Most Americans Can't Afford To Pay Rent, Eat Food, Buy Stuff, Or Get Sick (And It's Just Going To Get Worse) #love http://bit.ly/2YBf3mL"
Jul 6
"Media Predictions Of "Tiny Crowd" For Trump July 4 Speech Proven Spectacularly Wrong #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Xtf1B8"
Jul 6
Jul 1
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 30

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service