30 Bananas a Day!

It's been about two months since I eliminated all meat from my diet. I started incorporating smoothies into my breakfast (well, they became my breakfast) every day since then. My smoothies usually consist of 3 bananas (only 3 because my mom doesn't think it's healthy for me) and two cups of fruit of any kind (usually raspberries, mango, blueberries). I checked out the 80/10/10 book by Dr. Douglas Graham from the library and have been educating myself about this kind of lifestyle. Though I don't think I'm ready to go raw, I do want to make steps towards becoming an 811 hclf vegan. 

Today I added another banana to my smoothie, making that 4 bananas in total (keep in mind this is all the bananas I eat in a day - only 4). My mom saw me do this and told me I was crazy and out of my mind, and that I didn't know what I was doing; that eating so many bananas every day was unhealthy and dangerous.

I also received a comment from my sister, on facebook, warning me of eating too many fruits for breakfast. Here is what she wrote:

"Kasia, be careful about eating too much fruit when you make your smoothies. Your smoothies should be majority veggies, lightly sweetened by some fruit. Fruits do contain vitamins, but so do veggies. Fruits also contain fructose and are usually a manageable-sized serving of sugar when we eat one fruit. Several fruits at once give you an insulin spike. Abusing your body's ability to handle sugar (by giving it extreme influxes of sugar every day) can increase your risk for developing adult-onset diabetes. I'm able to understand stuff like this better from the classes I've taken recently. Knowing the science behind this kind of stuff is really important when you're making decisions about nutrition and diet."

I have tried to explain to my entire family why I am entering this lifestyle, and have provided unbiased and un-opinionated research that support my reasons, and yet they stick with their own "facts" that they have been comfortable with for years. 

This lack of support from the people who I am closest to has been affecting my emotional well-being very negatively, and I often feel like no one around me understands why I'm entering this lifestyle. 

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it amazes me that anyone could be against eating lots of fresh fruits 

but it happens all the time   :  )

I know right?! What are people...

Kasia, the way you're feeling is exactly why I have gone back and forth eating this way for about 5 years now.  It's a very hard thing to explain to people who aren't educated about this lifestyle.  I have never understood how someone can judge a person eating 4 bananas in their smoothie, while they are sitting there with a bag of doritos and a chocolate milk (ick).  Fruits and vegetables ARE our intended food/fuel source, and a lot of people are in such denial about that, which is just sad.  Do your own thing and be proud.  HUGS.

Hey Skye, thanks for your response. I'm comforted to know you feel the same way I do. Thanks a bunch!

I think only time will help you. They will eventually find out that you are thriving on this lifestyle and will progressively accept it, but whatever happens don't give up because of this. You have made your research and you feel good by eating raw so even if it will be hard because people think you're nuts, it will be worth it ;D ! Courage girl!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"WHISTLEBLOWER GOES PUBLIC W/ NEW DETAILS OF FBI PLOT. SAYS HE GAVE BARR NAMES/DETAILS BACK IN APRIL! #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2zh63bH"
19 hours ago
Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 19
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service