30 Bananas a Day!

I am lfrv and training for a marathon in feb. and april. I am underweight and trying to gain. How many calories should i eat. I am 5 ft 8 in and 110 pounds.

Views: 365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What does a typical day's food look like for you at the moment? And how much training are you doing?

Let me know and I'll try to help :)

i run 30-37 miles a week

breakfast: 16 oz green juice and 1 liter orange juice

Lunch: 900g dates and 150g dates

snack: 150g dates

dinner: huge bowl of zucchini pasta with 2 pounds pineapple OR more bananas or 600 calories of fruit

today i threw in some coconut meat with my datorade - ridiculously tasty! i used too much coconut meat though so it tasted like there was straight butter in it, but you could throw a small amount of it in and definitely gain some pounds there.

good luck with your marathon

Hey. I was in a similar position when I first found this lifestyle. I am 5'7" and in the beginning I weighed 105 pounds. I simply ate 2500 calories as a start then added more based on whatever exercise I was doing. From your diary it seems you definitely eat enough.

Eating that way caused me to gain 15 much needed pounds leveling out to 120 which I've been maintaining consistently ever since. I wasn't even trying to gain weight, instead I focused on health and my body did what it needed to do. Mind you it was very slow, happening over the course of 4 months. Gaining weight too quickly is just as dangerous as loosing weight too quickly.

Good luck!  :)

how many cal should i aim for a day

Can i gain 10 pounds muscle weight while running this much if i eat a lot. i also swim 

If you want to gain, you should go higher on the overts: the full 10% at least, and 15% wouldn't necessarily be bad. But the strength training and plenty of calories (as many as you can--try to stretch your stomach and you'll get used to it soon--I'm only 5'4'', sixteen, and a girl, and I eat 4000 calories a day, with anywhere from 1 hour-2 hours exercise, and one or two rest days a week. I've only gained a few pounds on this diet, but I gained the 30 pounds that I needed from being in my eating disorder in-treatment. I can't say how long it will take to gain the ten pounds... it depends on your body). 

If you eat your overts in the evening, AFTER you've eaten all of your fruit, you shouldn't have problems with candida. 

Banana/Date smoothies are AWESOME for fitting in calories. Make sure to go big on breakfast, and snack often. And, like others have said, strength training is great, too. I would suggest at least 4000 calories a day, and overts within the 10% range shouldn't be avoided, either. One avocado a day would be great, if you were fine with it. (:

Shannon

+1 
;)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
4 hours ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
yesterday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service