30 Bananas a Day!

Where are you at on the HCRV path?  Please share your story honestly.  I want people to know that not everyone here is "perfect" all of the time.  Sometimes it feels like all of this is so easy for so many...why can't I get this down?  If we are all more open and honest I think it will help a lot of us pick ourselves up and try, try, try again.

No matter if you are long-term or short-term, 100% or not.  Scared, discouraged, or stoked and have it in the bag...please share.

Thank you, Thank you , Thank you.

I am 32 years old, married to a meat-eater and have a vegan 3.5 year old daughter.  I have been vegetarian for 15 years, vegan for 10, and transitioning to raw for 2.  I am seeing a pattern of self-sabotage in myself.  I learn from my "cooked food binges" every time.  They are getting fewer and fewer.  It's hard to understand why I would do this.  Why would I eat something that is so bad for me and that will make me feel gross?  It can't be just because it tastes good?  I'm an emotional eater (eat heavy foods to numb emotions).  While I want my body to be clean I am also scared of the no turning back of it all.  I was HCRV (solid) for three months then fell of the fruit-wagon last week???  I know all of the reasons this could happen, undercarbed, etc. but for me it's honestly emotional and I'm dealing with all of that.  When we don't have  heavy foods to dull our emotions we must deal with them.  This is a powerful thought but also overwhelming at times.  Life's highs are higher and lows are lower.  We feel everything.  So if you'll all slow down that FRUIT-WAGON for me just a bit I'd like to jump back on with NO FEAR.

Views: 1136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

***I should mention that when I say cooked food binge I am talking high fat/salt, etc. not potatoes and rice.

Thanks.  Really insightful.

I went lacto-ovo vegetarian when I was 19 years old (back in 2003).  In April 2011, both my husband and I went raw vegan for 30 days and then ate cooked and raw vegan through my pregnancy and postpartum.  We've now been 100% raw since January 7th after feeling done with "transitioning" and ready to go 100% for our health and the health of our daughter.

Cooked cravings aren't an issue.  Salt isn't an issue.  But we are far from perfect.  Neither of us get enough sleep (typically 6-ish hours per night because he works late, I wait up for him, and my toddler still nurses multiple times per night).  Neither of us get enough water, though we're both working on that.  Now that we've started exercising more, we're trying to increase our calories, but it doesn't happen often enough.  And although we've found the absolute cheapest way to eat raw here where we live, we still spend so much money on food that we are constantly scraping to pay the bills.

It's a journey.  We're just along for the ride. :-)

Do you two feel better eating 100% raw?

Yes, without a doubt. There is simply no comparison, which is why we decided to eat this way for life and only eat cooked food (sweet potatoes or squashes) in an emergency.

I have been fascinated by the power of Nutrition/Food for the last 11 years.  What I put in my body today will totally determine my mood, my experience, my energy, my everything tomorrow.  I have tried many, many different eating styles - simply to experiment and see how I feel on them. 

In January of this year, I was introduced to 80 10 10 by my 17year old second cousin.  He had just started it and was very excited about it.  I bought the book the next day and it totally and completely resonates with me.

Going vegan was easy.  Total breeze.  And I don't think I was able to understand the animal ethical part of it until I stopped eating animal products.  I found my way to "Earthlings" and it's all totally cemented now.

And eating within the 80 10 10 parameters is also easy.  No problems there.  It took a short while to stretch my stomach, to figure out how to get adequate calories, to shop so that I always have a supply of ripe fruit.  But really not that hard.

The only real challenge has been going 100% raw.  I have been 80% raw since January, with totally raw days peppered throughout. 

My husband and I are just about there.  We LOVE LOVE LOVE how we feel.  It's absolutely an amazing way of life.  And if we go 100%, we're just going to feel even better.

Whoops, there is one more challenge.  Sleep.  Need more of it.  I think, on average, we get 8 hours of sleep.  Way too little.  So on that note, I think I'll go get in bed now!

XOXOXOXOXO to all of you on this forum.  You all inspire me and teach me every day.

And hug and kiss to Dr. Graham, DR and Freelee - my heroes!

Truly and honestly, I'm new...day 1 May 4th.

So, my transition and story has just beginning.  This is definitely going to be a ride for sure.

welcome :)

Thanks BV.  I'm sitting back reading the posts and its very interesting to read the path that each person is on...some struggles, some successes but its amazing to see how we all pretty much desire to truly do what's best for our bodies and health. 

And Truth and Honesty....I'm not 811 yet, but in general, I have always felt cleaner and better after eating fruit, but in my mind and how I've been trained to think....its the sugar that scares me.  Trying to get over the brainwashing I guess.

The sugar is fuel :)  and yummy! and your taste buds love it, and it's in nature, therefore you're meant to eat it. Keep it simple and it'll just be obvious that it's right.  

I am more confused than ever before. I've been fully raw since January 1st with the exception of maybe 4 sweet potatoes. I just got out of the hospital after a scary incident with hyponatremia - where my electrolyte levels (namely sodium) were dangerously low to the point where I was incoherent and on the brink of either permanent neurological damage or death.

They took my blood every hour for about 3 days and found that I am sodium, iron, vitamin d3, b12 and protein deficient. I honestly wasn't tracking my intake on cronometer tit for tat but I know I consumed well over 2500 calories a day and had always thought I ate the right amount of greens and vegetables. I'm really confused about the salt issue, not sure where to get my protein from at this point and don't understand why I wasn't getting iron from all the mangos I've been eating.

The past few days I've been eating higher protein and fat and feel like complete shit - fatigue, moodiness, mental fog. Even though I have been eating higher protein and fat, I tracked my intake on cronometer and found that it still falls UNDER the recommended 10% and WAY under the recommended 20% by my dietician.

Eating has NEVER been this hard for me, I hate it and want to go back to my deficiencies - the time in my life when I felt the most alive and well, for some reason. But I don't want to die either. 

I am not sure what to do at this point. I don't trust my doctor at the hospital - he was fat and greasy and had the darkest circles underneath his eyes that I have ever seen on a human being. Then again, having believed that my pee needed to be clear I forced myself to drink about 2-3 gallons of water a day (still not always clear) and landed myself in the trauma center. I crave fruit more than ever but everyone in my family, all our friends and all the doctors I am being forced to follow up with are saying I need to eat more protein, add salt, and more fat. So, here I am, wishing I had been born an earth worm or a toucan or something simple.

Drinking 2-3 gallons/day is insane, unless you're doing EXTREME physical activity. That's the problem, diluting your electrolytes, not the lack of salt.

If you weren't tracking your calories, you DON'T know. You can't get brotein deficient unless you undereat.

D and B12 is no surprise as most people are deficient. Get supplements for these (or lots of sun for the D).

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Thursday
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service