30 Bananas a Day!

Ok, I will start by saying that this lifestyle has improved my insomnia already, but I still have days where I just can't seem to fall asleep. I go to bed at about 9-10 PM (depending on how tired I am), and I wake up at 6-7 AM in the morning. I'd say that most of the time, I'm able to fall asleep relatively quickly, but as I've mentioned I do still have days where I just can't seem to fall asleep, and it's really starting to bug me.

What usually happens when I can't sleep is that go to bed, but my mind starts to wander, almost like my brain just won't shut down and go to sleep. 

Is there anyone else who have had this issue and have any idea how I can solve it? 

Information that could be relevant: 
I eat about 2500-3000 calories per day 
I get between 6-9 hours of exercise per week (some days I lift weights in the morning and do cardio in the evening) 
I go to school every day, but I only have a 2-3 classes. 
I drink 4,5-6L of water per day, depending on how much I feel like drinking
I used to have really bad insomnia last year, to the point where I went about 6 months where I could would only get 2-4 hours of sleep. (November 2013 - March/April 2014) 
Last year I also suffered from anorexia and was severely underweight. (I am no longer underweight) 
I've been raw till 4 since the end of march last year.
My macros are usually around 90/5/5, but occasionally I eat up to 10% of my calories. (Happens maybe once per month maximum) 

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shame Soph, I really feel for you, insomnia is the worst.  It's a difficult one too, as it can be caused by so many things.

The first thing that springs to mind, from just the info you've provided, is perhaps you're suffering from a stress hormone related difficulty in sleeping.  You'll still be recovering from anorexia, and you're exercising up to 9 hours a week on 2,500-3,000 cals.  That will likely be stressful for you given your recent eating history.  You're also drinking a huge amount of water - do you live somewhere hot?  Do you sweat a lot?  In most cases, when your metabolism is healing, too much water (which includes that found in fruit) and too little sodium (not sure how much of this you're consuming) causes yet further stress to the system.  

What time do you finish eating?  A small pre-bed snack (can't be too watery, and needs to contain some sodium) will help if you are having cortisol spikes at night.  

Maybe try eating more calories, exercising less (esp in the evening in case you are having stress hormone spikes), drinking less water (if you don't live somewhere scorchio), increasing your sodium intake (if you eat little of this: straight up salt will be more effective for you here if you are suffering from a hormone imbalance), and consuming the bulk of your cals by late afternoon/early evening (whatever your schedule may be) but having a small pre-bed snack.  Eat as soon as you wake up, don't exercise on an empty stomach (not sure what you're doing currently).

Also make sure your sleep hygiene is tight.  If you can't sleep, get up and read in low light - don't lie in bed, tempting as it may be. Avoid blue light from screens in the evening.  Get lots of light as soon as you wake up.

I do try to keep added sodium to a minimum. Maybe I should consider drinking 3L per day instead of what I'm currently doing? It's not warm where I live, its acctually really cold, but I do sweat a fair bit when I'm working out. 

I think that's a great place to start.  See what effect that has.  You might want to initially consider adding in a bit more sodium, just because you've been drinking so much water, in order to balance your electrolytes and ensure you're not stressing your system.  But see how you go.  You might be sorted just changing your water intake.  Or you might need to add in a few other changes mentioned in this thread.

I too have trouble sleeping sometimes and find that a small pre bed snack of a few bananas helps me fall asleep a lot easier.

Try to do your cardio in the morning.  It helps keep you alert during the day, and it helps you sleep at night.

You sound like me when my water intake was too high! Aside from insomnia I had a number of other issues. Also cardio in the evening would keep me awake too.

Also, it sounds crazy, and a little juvenile to some, but a bedtime routine can often help.

My rt4 friend shared hers...

7pm a baked potato (she was having issues waking at 1am hungry and craving sweets)
8:30pm shower or bath, comfy clothes
9pm read on couch for 1/2 hour
9:30pm lay down, dark, no tv, no phone, no book.

Hm should I maybe try decreasing my water intake to 3L per day instead of what I'm currently doing? 

4-6 liters is pretty extreme when it's cold out. 3liters plus the water that is naturally in the foods you eat should be plenty.
Glad I came across this discussion. I've been having difficulty with this as well.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
yesterday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Sunday
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Sunday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Friday
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service