30 Bananas a Day!

I am going to be doing my first raw vegan short trip to Italy soon.  I am traveling with a friend who already said "How are you going to stay raw when you are in the home of the best pastas and pizzas?" Of course these foods are an absolute NO, but it always get's you thinking. 

We will also be couch-surfing and backpacking.  I see two issues with this and my diet.  First of all, couch-surfers tend to cook for you and all this for free. How do I reject their kind offers without being completely rude or the odd one out? Secondly, when backpacking, you are always on the move and can't always get to a grocery store. What can I do to have enough raw food stores on me without them becoming too heavy or rotting? 

If I were traveling with another raw-foodie, we would have the same issues, and have the same interest in finding local markets and getting to one every other day or so.  But since this is not the case, maybe you have some tips on how to handle this very difficult social aspect and also tips on what foods are good "travel foods". 

Thanks a bunch! 

Alicia

PS: Does anyone know of any native Italian fruits that I can already get excited for? :)

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Visit some loca3 fresh markets and enjoy the atmosphere, you will get there so man very fresh vegetable and fruits thzat are really ripe :=)

You probably forget the pizza and pasta than.

Most pizza and pasta places are only open few hours around noon and than open again at 5 or 6 pm, so eat enough fruits before non and before evening hours ;=)

Order dates online! I recently visited France and Spain as an educational school-tied tour, so I couldn't even choose where we went to eat or what they served me (they were kind enough to specially prepare me vegan food, but not raw).. I brought 15 pounds of deglet noor dates with me, and ate those (I ate about 1500 calories of dates each day while away, and ate whatever fresh fruit I could find to add in another 500 calories or so). 

I don't like eating dates when I'm home because they're very dehydrating and cause bloating (at least for me), but some minor dehydration and bloating was definitely worth it while away, since it saved me from even more dehydrating and bloating cooked food.

Hey Girls! Thanks for the tips! Kenichisan, you are probably right, with all the beautiful sights and excitement it will probably not even be very relevant.  I will just stock up on fruits and veg before we go out to eat, if we ever do - we are traveling on a budget. hihi... As for the dates, they really are the only fruit I can think of that packs well and will hold for a while.  I was also thinking of bringing some nuts and dried fruits. Maybe some Quinoa too. Stuff that I can pack well. Nevertheless, it's only a week. I'm sure I'll manage. Thanks for the support!

I pack dehydrated bananas personally for traveling.  It works really well for me.  I haven't had good experiences packing fresh fruit in airports; it gets smushed up and nasty before I can it.  I'm surprised I digest dried bananas so well, obviously drink lots of extra water.  But you get to go to Italy!  How very wonderful!  And you mentioned quinoa, so you must be okay to eat some cooked food.  Sounds like you could be in a position to try some vegan versions of Italian classics.

Well I've prepared quinoa without using boiled water several times. If I understood correctly Quinoa is basically just a dried seed and when placed in water it turns soft. Maybe I misunderstood this entirely?!

I can take things like vegan rice and quinoa or cous cous far better than pasta. Pasta sits, I find, like a rock in my stomach making me lethargic.  My plan is to stay true to my raw vegan diet - no exceptions. 

Thanks for the reply!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell replied to Fruitman's discussion Natural Hygiene, Organic Farming, Fasting... free eBooks
12 minutes ago
Melissa Grace joined Marina's group
21 hours ago
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
Tuesday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Jul 5
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Jul 5
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Jul 4
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service