30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys and gals,
Lately I've up'd my intake of carbs and as a result I've been drinking up to and above 5 Litres of water a day. I was just wondering if and when it gets dangerous to keep drinking..?

Thanks, have a great day/night! :)

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to drinking an enormous volume at one time.

Oh wow thanks! thats really comforting to know :)
once i got to about 5L i was starting to back off lol

Good to see Bendigo representing here! (I'm ex-Melbournian)

You just piss it out the other end, so no worries. Well done on keeping hydrated.

Hahaha thanks man, that seems pretty logical…
wooo yea Bendigo ftw! :)

Make sure you're not dehydrated, but I've heard around that you can pee out many minerals drinking too much water. I'm not sure how truthful it is, but it's something I keep in mind. :)

Yea, this is what i was worried about.. cos I've heard about people doing the kokoda trail in PNG and they drink like 10L in a day, and then they die because it flushes out the minerals..? (not sure how true it is)
but yeaaa that was my main concern.
Thanks Carolina :) i might have to do some more research about this.

I worry abt this, too. I sometimes get a more dehydrated feeling in my mouth when I drink more. Even though many on here say differently, I think it can throw off electrolytes. I already have low blood pressure and was actually told by my GP to increase my salt intake (prior to finding 811). Blood pressure is usually around 99/56. So drinking more water and lower salt scares me.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service