30 Bananas a Day!

To people posting about 30BaD restricting their freedom of speech

In the past two days I've come across former members who now complain about the treatment they've gotten on here. 

One of the girls, I believe I posted kind and solid advice to her. She was expecting weightloss and benefits and posted all of her information, cals and such, and was only on lfrv for a few days or something. Obviously it's not going to go that fast. DR posted a comment that she talks about, to me, it read as funny. I chuckled as I read that. But, she felt attacked, or so she says.

I don't know if any of my posts have ever gotten deleted, but I really don't care. I don't take myself that seriously. When I ask a question that is considered stupid and gets erased, so what, *I* know it was an honest question, and I should look elsewhere for answers. I am not letting others take away at my sense of value and self-worth like that.  

I do carb up a lot before getting online, as I do have a sensitive skin *lol* 

Basically, this forum goes by very strict rules about what you can and cannot post about. It's in the Terms of Service as you register, you've read it and agreed to it when you joined. You *have* to be likeminded, if you're not, there are other places for you.

I believe it's because otherwise they are getting a whole bunch of Paleo-pro-meat comments that there's enough of in other areas of our lives... *lol* This place is VEGAN only, and as far as I can tell, even high raw'ers are welcome here too, as I've never felt out of place here as a high raw low fat vegan.

Personally, being high raw, not 100%, due to my own lack of making it work for me for various reasons that I deem valid in my own existence and  don't feel a need to explain or justify to others, I take from the site what I can. And discard other things. If I post a question and it gets deleted, then so it does, big deal, I guess that's my answer! :))

This site endorses Skinny Bitch, and that's the book that truly changed my life and made me go vegan. I don't follow it to the letter, but I draw ideas from it. Like many other books I've read by John mcDougall, John Barnard and even that book by Alicia Silverstone. And of course 80/10/10 which is one of my favorite books that I often refer back to.

I don't follow ANY book or regime to the letter, I follow my own course, taking bits and pieces of information and making it my own. No book or doctor, and certainly no 30BaD'er knows my system better than I do. If I ask anyone a question, I will just have to take whatever they give me and go with that. I can either decide it's useful or not. 

Life is not that complicated, folks.

Would I personally delete comments by others, no, I wouldn't, for whatever reason. I am not threatened by differences of opinion, but, I do at times get a bit tired and wary of having to explain the same things over and over, like where am I getting my protein and how in the world is there anything that tastes better than dead corpse. So, I ignore those posts or questions, and/or refer them to videos or blogs that address it. 

But, that's the way it is on this site, it's what you agreed on when you signed the terms of service.  If I feel like posting something contrary to the way of life on here, I post it elsewhere. I did NOT sign an exclusivity clause, and I for one love getting bits and pieces from different sources of information. The PCRM site is a huge one for me.

I still have my own opinion on what works for ME, and that's 100% vegan. For ethical reasons and for health. I have the results that testify that even high raw high carb vegan works.

You will start seeing results pretty soon, it happened for me within the first week of going vegan. And, it's still happening, one year later. Pace yourself, sometimes the results aren't as visible, but they're still happening!!!

I was a lacto-ovo for one year in college and went off it because it was "too hard". Thinking back, that was the skinniest I ever was, in that year, even on eating pus. I didn't see the results back then, and was still unhappy cos I was still drugging myself with animal secretions. GIVE IT TIME. 

Results will come in their own way, in their own time. They're already here, you just might not be able to see them. Don't go b*tch about this forum just because you can't see the results for yourself and others don't respond by enabling you. 

I mean no offense to these girls, I hope all the best for them and hope they find a place that suits them better. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is welcome to post on this thread whether they agree with this or not.  

I posted this to say to these girls and people who feel the same way as they do, that I don't fully live as prescribed by this site. Many people will read this and think I ought to go 100% raw and stop whining *lol* But, I will do so in my own time. In the mean time, I turn here to get inspired, to learn more and to educate myself. I am not too poor to pay attention and I want to learn and am adapting every day. THAT is why I am here.

Any deleting or bitchy comments just tell me to investigate my self, the way I expressed myself or something like that. 

I'm not a moderator on this site, so it's just my opinion.  

Have a brilliant day!

Love,

Usha :)) 

Views: 1503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank your for your kind words.  Peace, PK

Thank you Usha--Freelee and everyone else for speaking with an open mind. I have the feeling that content is edited to keep the forum focussed and positive. As far as I can tell folks are posting personal opinions within reason--allowing open discussion from all sides. This helps us grow and learn. Everyone of us has a unique experience to share!!

I find that it helps to review, for a moment, how I voice an opinion before pushing-"Send" :)

+1

One of my pet peeves as well! 

I always tell people that if you are doing two or more diets, you are only doing a mix, and not a diet at all!

It is also very dangerous to some health conditions to mix a high fat and high carb fruit diet together.  It could actually make some people sicker!

Peace, PK

Good point PK, could you elaborate on that?

Thanks for the love all! I just had to say something... I am glad this is both a raw vegan AND vegan community. I came here initially because I heard DR talk about Skinny Bitch in one of his vids. There was NOTHING on here that made me think this was a cult *lol*

watch out for NOMINALIZATIONS   http://en.nvcwiki.com/index.php/Evaluative_words 

http://successwithdepression.com/resources/evaluative-words/

attaked?   hah  more likely they feel scared or angry and seek safety.   and on and on , hard to give people empathy until they are able to give it to themselves and seperate their emotions from our values.

You *have* to be likeminded...

Exactly.  This forum was originally intended to be a support system for people already informed about the 80 10 10 diet, a low fat raw vegan diet, and or a high carb raw vegan diet based on whole raw fresh fruits and leafy greens.  It is intended to be a support system to encourage each other on the journey, and to learn from each other. 

For example, some people go raw vegan, then binge on nuts and get a sour stomach.  A lot of newbies make this mistake, but coming here, they can get confirmation that it is normal, that previous members have been through it, and that everything will be ok. 

If someone is seeking sincere advice as to why we do something, the 30BaD team is more than happy to assist them.  If someone is here to argue and debate the merits of the diet and or eating animal products, then we tell them to take it somewhere else.  This is not the place to do it. If and when they are ready to do the diet, they are more than welcome to come back. 

Of course we want people to question and debate and educate themselves.  That way when they do accept this way of life, usually they know how and why they are doing it, and understand.  They can then be of assistance to other newbies.

Freedom of Speech or Freedom of Screech?

In any society, there has to be some ethics, guidelines, and morals to follow that promote the safety and well being of its members. 

If people are here to complain and debate the diet, this is not the place for them.

If they are here to harrass other people based on religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, then they do not need to be here either.  Even in the United States, which might be famous for its freedoms and freedom of speech, one can go to prison for harassment of other individuals, and for things like denying employment based on racial profiling.

"You freedom ends when your fist makes contact with  my face"  is how the old adage goes.

Some things just happen.  Occasionally, like with any computer and internet based system, glitches can happen too.  A discussion or post disappearing may have nothing to do with the 30BaD team, and members should be patient with us. 

For most offenders, when the 30BaD team does edit or delete something, they usually get a warning, and they know the reason why it happened.  So what they post on Facebook and YouTube is not necessarily the truth. 

I personally like to tell members if the diet is working for you, then be happy and continue doing it inspite of what information, disinformation, and lies you might be reading about on the net. 

If you have had no problems with 30BaD, then ignore those who may be spreading real and imagined things about us out there. 

It is said that sometimes bad publicity is actually good publicity.  We have had members come from other websites where they have heard bad things about us.  They come in with a chip on their shoulders, and right away start complaining about our freedom of speech.  I know if they have only been a member 2-3 days, and start these complaints, that they are lurkers from another place. 

But what I love is when they start lurking here, and read about what we do and why, and then they give it a trial, and find out they like it.  In the long run, some of these become some of our most active and passionate members.

Peace, PK

BTW, I just wanted to add that when a member deletes their own account, all of their discussions and comments go with it. 

So if another member is trying to look up an old comment on one of those discussion, and it cannot be found, this is probably one of the number one reasons.  It has nothing to do with the 30BaD team, it is just the format of this social networking site.

Some people might mistakenly believe their their comments have been intentionally deleted. 

Peace, PK

I understand that there is an option of leaving and letting the contributions to the forum stay. Isn't it right?

Yes. 

I believe if members do their own accounts, it is a complete deletion. 

However, the 30 BaD team can do full deletions and or temporary suspensions.  If a member wants to leave for a while, but leave their discussions, they can request a team member to "suspend" their accounts.  Think of it more like cryogenic freezing:)

Peace, PK

Dig it, Sunrise!

"Take the best and leave the rest" is a fine life motto for most anything.

Good thing we've got a whole heap of "best" here :)

+1

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus's photo was featured
19 hours ago
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
19 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
19 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
19 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
19 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
20 hours ago
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
20 hours ago
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
20 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service