30 Bananas a Day!

I don't think I've ever seen a post about this, but for me it is a huge problem! I almost never feel like I have enough time to eat enough food in order to fulfill my caloric needs. (Being overly full is still sometimes a problem and sometimes I have to eat so much I trigger my gag reflex.)  My biggest problem is making time to eat though!

It usually takes me AT LEAST 2 hours to eat one meal (I usually have two or three meals a day). Is that normal or are most of you able to eat much faster? Are there ways to just make this diet more convenient in general? I'm having difficulties staying lfrv recently, not because of cravings, but because of the inconvenience and time issue. I'd love any input from you guys :)

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Usually I eat around 2,000 to 2,800. Cron-O-Meter tells me I need about 2,500 without exercise, but on most days I need about 500 more to compensate for my workouts. 3,000 calories has just been really hard for me to consistently reach (both physically and time wise).
Yes, this can be a problem. I had to make changes.

Read 30bad only while eating. I'm failing that now. Thanks for the reminder.

Don't put down that smoothie between bites. Early on, smoothies took much longer then whole fruit. Now they are about the same.

But 2 hours is a long time. I was taking about 1:15 early on and am down to about 45 now.

This may not apply to you but think of some of the time before lfrv you spent on meals, but not in eating. I would walk to lunch and sometimes dinner. This was about 15 minutes each way.

Sounds like it will take some creative thought on your part to solve. Maybe you will need a longer transition time before 100% to train yourself.
I think the shorter transition to the 100% lfrv - the better.
I think if you are not a 100% - you will ultimately waste more time on meals and also on health/digestion issues. I did.
yeperdoodles! :)
blended fruit takes less than 5 minutes to make, and doesnt take much time for me to drink
halved melons with a spoon doesnt take any more time than a bowl of anything else
salads can be time consuming with all that chewing, which is why I tend to blend some of my salad ingredients for dressing, and chop my salad ingredients smaller than most do.
I would say that if it is taking you too much time to make stuff, than you are over thinking it
but if it is taking you too much time to eat stuff, that will come with practice
Well thanks for the reassurance... I guess I figured I've had enough practice where I should be able to do this. I've been 100% lfrv for 3 and a half months now. I hoped someone else had a similar experience or knew how I could eat faster :( It's just so inconvenient right now... plus I'll be going to college soon where I'll have even LESS time.
how many calories do you eat in a typical meal? what fruit?

I might take a bit of time to eat a 2000 calorie meal, but it shouldn't take long at all to consume a 1000 calorie meal particularly from high cal fruits like nanners and dates and mangoes. smoothies are the ultimate time saver, and you can take them on the go and sip on them during work. it'd take me forever to eat 1000 cals of watermelon or strawberries, which is why I stick to the high cal stuff for the most part.
Usually I'd eat two meals of about 1,000 to 1,500 calories each. I eat mostly grapes, cantaloupes, and apples (mono meals). I can't eat bananas or mangoes right now (I ate too many bananas for a month and am sick of them now, and as for mangoes, I can't get good ones where I live). I'll try to do more dates though.
Including dates makes it way easy to eat quickly for me, I just had a 1000 calorie meal, 9 dates and 5 large bananas, it took me about 20 minutes eating casually while on the computer. I will often eat a banana and date meal like that while driving which is easy and I find it enjoyable and it saves time. I find prep and clean up quicker on 811 which is a time saver.

With watermelon, I will eat to my fill, then eat again an hour later and so on until it's gone, I guess that's the convenience of being a stay at home Mom, although you could cut up the whole thing and take it to work in containers and take watermelon breaks instead of smoke breaks which would take just as long to eat, 15 minutes at a time. :)
Thanks everyone for the input! I think I'll try doing three 900 calorie meals each day instead of 2 larger meals. From there I'll try to get my calories up. Thanks again :)
Try denser calorie sources... Bananas and dates are good staples if you want to reduce the volume and thus time spent on eating meals. I juice greens too, because I just cannot handle the large volumes required on this diet. :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus's photo was featured
19 hours ago
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
19 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
19 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
19 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
19 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
19 hours ago
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
19 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service