30 Bananas a Day!

So I went to two of Tim's talks at the Woodstock Fruit Festival. I had a good impression of him. Very fit, friendly guy, very good speaker. In one of his talks he explained that he tried the 801010 way, but didn't feel optimal. He said he couldn't afford it as well. Currently he's eating a green smoothie in the morning (kale, bananas, berries, dates), fruits during the day and a huge salad in the evening (plus an avocado and some olive oil) (he even apologized for the olive oil, but he said he just likes the taste). No fruits in the evening, because it made him to jittery.

He guesses his carb/fat/protein ratios are approximately 70/20/10 on average, his caloric intake between 2000 and 2500. He also made the interesting observation that people just don't need all the sugar from the fruits- it will just be excreted from the body (I believe he said through urination, might be mistaken). 

He's running quite a bit daily, up to 2 hours a day, and winning a lot of competitions. So he seems to be doing quite well on his approach. My wife has ordered me to try his way, since it would mean we would save quite a bit of money on groceries! 

Any thoughts about his approach?

Views: 8299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there are a couple fairly present videos in which tim says "people who know me know... i struggle with depression." 

off the top of my head, the one where he gives advice on winter running...

This really stood out for me.

Hi Freelee!   I was not at the festival and so did not obviously hear Tim speak there.   I did watch his video with Dan, and he spoke about his depression and how bad it was, and how some raw food friends got him out there and eating a better diet which began his journey.........something like that.   He didn't mention anything about the depression AFTER he changed his diet in the video.  If I'm hearing you right, you are saying that he is STILL depressed a lot?  

I heard the same thing.

Past and present.

He said he is still very depressed but has strategies to manage it.  He seemed very happy, confident and open though when I talked to him so maybe its something he deals with privately a lot. Which is what I did when I was very depressed.

Yay! me and Tim >>

great pic :)
I love the man.
I'm banking on the 30bad version of 811. I'm quite overweight and bravely downing the carbs. If Tim only needs 2000 calories a day and he's so athletic........his way would be horribly difficult for me because I lose control if I'm not carbed up.

To be fair to him, he said he only eats Lara Bars when traveling....

I know TVO has been extensively discussed on 30bad, but was wondering if other visitors at Woodstock who had seen his talks had any new opinions on his approach....

Good point

I just looked them up, they have 200+kcal each. I'd prefer live food anyway or craft my own bars from pitted dates or similar.

Seems to me your body needs not only all the sugar from the fruits, but MORE "sugar from the fruits" running the way he runs. I'm surprised he hasn't hit a wall yet
His fat intake is higher than what 801010 advises. He actually says he is eating 90% the same as 801010 diet, so the differences are not huge. I guess if he would eat a big smoothie before he eats his salad in the evening, it would be the same.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
3 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service