30 Bananas a Day!

If you juice greens and carrots and apples,does it still have the same calories?

I have been juicing my greens for a while now and I was wondering how many calories I was getting.  I know I am not getting the fibre,so I was wondering how that affects the total amount of calories in the juice.

Any ideas?

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think that should affect the calories. In general, fiber doesn't get digested and so it does not provide calories. Others out there please correct me if I am wrong.
All i can say you don't get the right amount of calories. Claudette, you better off buying the "80/10/10 Diet" from Dr. D. Graham. I'm not a very experienced LFRV but your green apple-carrot juice won't supply you with sufficient calories. Unless you drink gallons of it what i wouldn't consider a healthy habit. Fruit will definitely supply you with calories much better. Juice is not what i would consider a perfect meal. You are here on the propably most helpfull forum. For Low Fat Raw Veganism this website is the place. Too succeed on this diet you definitely should read the 80/10/10 bible.
I have the book and am following the diet, its been about 5-6 months know. I can't eat greens without the fat added, so I decided to juice them to make sure I was getting them in my diet. If I have any fats in my diet I start craving cooked food, juicing keeps me lfrv.

billybob, thats what I was thinking, but if anyone knows for sure could you please let me know?
Fiber you are throwing away is not just an indigestible junk without any nutrients. No juicer spits perfectly dry pulp free fiber. So you are losing some calories and some of the nutrients. If that's the only way for you to get your greens dont worry too much. Take any amounts of greens you consider necessary, add some more and juice happily.
Have you tried to blend these greens with some bananas or other fruit? Perhaps that would help a little?
Really avocado makes you crave cooked?
I use the pulp in the dog food I make for my dogs. It really helps to hold the poop together ;-)
I do sometimes have green smoothies, but I like the taste of the green juice better. sometimes I will juice the carrots and apples and blend that with the greens in the blender. Most of the time I just juice them.
re Avaocado's: I used to love them in a salad, but since 811, I don't like them much anymore! They make my tummy upset now......don't know why!
Best person to message with this is Freelee x
Hey I don't know how accurate this is but I always plug it into Cronometer for example
1 grapefruit = 103.3 cals
1 grapefruit juiced = 76.4 cals

So yea a little less, but when you factor in how many more grapefruits you can juice than sit down and eat the calories skyrocket, plus I think there are many people who follow 811 or a lfrv diet that juice, and are crazy healthy- Michael Arnstein drinks something like a liter of fresh OJ every morning and I don't think anyone would call him out on his health- I really can't believe someone told you to go back and read 80/10/10 plus I think eating fresh whole fruits the rest of the day you are probably receiving more than an adequate amount of fiber I mean come on now ;)

cheers,
Jes
Wow, thanks Fred!!!!?????!!!!!!

Thank You Jes
Thats what I was thinking, but just needed to hear it from someone in the know!
I'm sure I am getting enough fibre the rest of the day eating all that fruit, so missing some from my greens won't hurt me.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service