30 Bananas a Day!

I just got my blood results back (over the phone, don't have the paperwork yet)
And the main problem (actually the only problem) was a low Vitamin D count.
So I was a little pissed but very soon it hit me.

I was looking at is as a weakness. Why do I have to supplement and other people (SAD eaters) don't?

But the real truth is that SAD eaters do get Vitamin D supplements.
And they get them all the time.

Apparently there are not enough food sources to assure a good level of Vitamin D. There are only a few food sources that contain Vitamin D.
Fatty fish, wild salmon, cod liver oil, some mushrooms.

So to ensure people get enough vitamin D it is added to all kinds of foods.
Like dairy products, cereals, flour, baby foods, some brands of orange juice.

All kinds of foods that we vegans do not eat.

So it is not abnormal that those of us who do not live in a very sunny climate might need to supplement.

Views: 663

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Iris,

Why not just by the lamp instead?

Makes more sense to me.

If Belgium is so bad in sun then how do you explain the following.

Don't you need sun to operate such things? ;-)

Ten Countries with the Most Installed Solar Energy (in MW*)

7. Belgium (363 MW) -

You can believe many things if you wish but those beliefs maybe limiting your potential.

Take Care,

hey,

i'm interested in the lamp idea. do you have any scientific proof that it really helps with raising  vit D? thanks!

I can recommend this thread. http://rawnaturalhygiene.ning.com/forum/topics/vitamin-d-has-risen

I have been going myself to the tanning 3 times a week á 6 minutes each. We have built tropic houses with tropic heat and got tropic fruits and just need some tropic sun. Just make sure they have both UVA/UVB in the grill. 

we can get SO SO SO much more vitamin D from the sun than from our food!!

but i also know that sunflower seeds do contain some vitamin D.

Enough of the purity crap. I supplement my D and I live in Australia and it's summer right now. We don't live in ideal conditions which is why I recommend EVERYONE supplements their B12 and D. Sure, in nature where we don't work we'll get heaps of sun everyday. Not so anymore (especially for those living in high latitudes).

Before anyone replies please watch the following and you'll see just how widespread vitamin d deficiency truely is and how the levels doctors think are ok are actually still too low.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/video/sunshine-vit-d-supplements

Enjoy.

And if anyone is wondering I take 5000IU of D2 per day (which is half the maximum safe dose).

3000IU in the morning and 2000IU at night.

lol your taking health advice from the speaker that looks like that?

Reciting articles that are normally recycled like Vitamin B12 was?

What is the source of your Vitmain D?

I also hear Vitamin D16 is important as well ;-)

I also here you need to take a flu shot as well?

If you live in Australia and it is summer now well you need to start getting out doors more now.

Take Care,

"lol your taking health advice from the speaker that looks like that?"

Doesn't matter what he looks like if the info is valid.

"Reciting articles that are normally recycled like Vitamin B12 was?"

What do you "was"? B12 is still an issue. I suggest you read up on it.

"I also here you need to take a flu shot as well?"

Check their info and clinical studies. They're all BS. Vaccines are a load of BS pseudoscience. What Holick is talking about isn't.

"If you live in Australia and it is summer now well you need to start getting out doors more now."

Exactly! Not everyone can do that. Having an indoor job sucks. And in a month I will have escaped that hell hole.

You're being subjective and setting yourself up for failure by not being objective. Just like all the other "raw gurus" going back to meat and cooked food.

B12. In nature if I was eating 100% organic tree ripened fruit and didn't have to deal with the pollution and stresses of the real world (all of which deplete B12) then there would be no need for supplementation. As well, if I grew up eating fruit and greens and not the crap that caused poor intestinal bacteria, destruction of my intestinal villi, loss of various transcobalamin enzyme pathways etc then again, no need for supplements. But I live in the real world where I haven't been able to undergo a long term fast to fix these possible problems, so I supplement.

You didn't even watch the whole presentation so what would you know about D? Do you live in a tropical or sub-tropical region of the planet? If so then you're probably fine. Other people don't. D is only synthesised from UVB which only eneters the atmosphere at certain angles. Which the presentation, it's all in there. People living in non-tropical areas (i.e. Europe, US, UK, Canada) will have a HEAP of trouble getting adequate D. Which is why the majority of the western population is deficient. Again this is all in the presentation that you didn't watch.

I felt awesome for most of my life. Very athletic, rarely got sick etc. Guess what? B12 AND D deficient. But I was listening to my body, right? Objectify. Everyone should.

Don't be scared and justify away scientific research. Yes, it gets abused constantly. It just takes a little time to separate the BS from the gold.

What is your source of Vitamin B12 and D?

So he does a presentation and all of a sudden it is valid?

I hear they have done presentations on the benefits of  taking X drug to solve X Problem with so called research.

What about the other issues of life that affect absorption.

Yup if someone is giving me healthy recommendations they better look healthy to me. If you don't take that into consideration then I would be concerned about your ability to validate information.

Setting oneself for failure is working in a job one doesn't like.  Glad your getting out of a unhealthy situation.

I live in -35 degree weather and not concerned about Vitamin D I simply go outside for fresh air.  Your falling into the typical generalizing  with your majority of the population information.

I am glad your feeling better why would you take a blood test if you where feeling so awesome.

Me scared lol you don't know me to well do you.

Take Care,

"What is your source of Vitamin B12 and D?"

Supplements that are derived from algae (D2) and bacteria laden water (B12) I believe.

"So he does a presentation and all of a sudden it is valid?

I hear they have done presentations on the benefits of  taking X drug to solve X Problem with so called research."

"Don't be scared and justify away scientific research. Yes, it gets abused constantly. It just takes a little time to separate the BS from the gold."

Please read my posts. I have already addressed that point.

"What about the other issues of life that affect absorption."

Um... Yeah, that's my point.

"Yup if someone is giving me healthy recommendations they better look healthy to me. If you don't take that into consideration then I would be concerned about your ability to validate information."

It still doesn't invalidate the information. He probably eats SAD. But his knowledge of sunlight and D production is extremely top notch.

In essence I do however agree. I may ignore what a fat person says about health but it doesn't make them wrong.

I validate my information through a thorough scruitny of the research behind it. Not by what a person giving information looks like.

"Setting oneself for failure is working in a job one doesn't like.  Glad your getting out of a unhealthy situation."

Thanks mate. Really looking forward to it! :D

"I live in -35 degree weather and not concerned about Vitamin D I simply go outside for fresh air."

Um... Is that a typo? I really hope so.

"Your falling into the typical generalizing  with your majority of the population information."

No i'm not. Check the statistics by actually watching the presentation.

"I am glad your feeling better why would you take a blood test if you where feeling so awesome."

I had a really really strange and what I thought was a minor symptom. Deja-vu sensation followed by slight nausea. Happened maybe once a fortnight. Turns out that's a really really rare symptom of B12 deficiency.

Not too sure where this debate will go as you do not consider scientific information (no matter how rigorously conducted and controlled) as valid. So I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

I wish you the best.

"Don't be scared and justify away scientific research. Yes, it gets abused constantly. It just takes a little time to separate the BS from the gold."

In the above quote I should have written "mis-represented" instead of "abused" as it conveys what I am trying to say with greater clarity.

I take b-12 and D vegan. I tried this diet for 3 months without both and noticed a HUGE difference when supplementing with them. After a few years on 811 I'll rethink this, go off them and see how I feel then.

I say take them:)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service