30 Bananas a Day!

I know, I know.  We've heard this a million times and I'm sure you're all tired of answering the same questions.  Yes, I could type into the search engine and find my answers but this post isn't just about the question, it's about finding others who support this new lifestyle. 

I've tried to talk to so many friends and family members about this and they can't seem to hear me - only the word vegan.  I've tried to not use the term, maybe get rid of the negative connotation, but they seem to reach that conclusion anyway.  I find most of my happiest moments are sitting in front of youtube or on this forum with my smoothie, watching others who feel the same way I do.  So my question isn't just a question and this post isn't just a post - it's also hopes to connect with those who understand why I'm doing this and why I feel so much better now that I've made this choice.

I guess my current troubles are transferring from my calorie restrictive lifestyle to one of abundance.  I'm addicted to bananas and dates and I feel like I could eat a million if I was allowed.  BUT, My mind won't shut off my old bulimic habits. 

So in light of my needing support and wanting to find others in this lifestyle, I reach out to you all.  How did you get over those negative thoughts?  How much do you actually eat in a day?  How do you look past the weird stares and the criticism?

Views: 850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listen Hillary, I hear you. I am currently coming from a past of multiple eating disorders and I am struggling with the abundant eating. I was actually obsessed with eating dates and then I was too scared to eat them because of the calories. Now I can't stop eating them and I love the feeling they give me of satiety and I always eat more than what I plan on. Of coarse there's still that voice in my head telling me not to eat and that it'll make me fat but it just fight through it and the next day when I wake up with a healthy flat stomache, the voice is gone. You just have to enjoy the moment and know you're going to be happier and healthier (and leaner-Freelee!). And with the criticism thing? I don't give a fructose what anybody thinks, I'm not forcing my beliefs on them so why should they care what I eat? Just like I don't care about what they eat.

Freelee and I are binge eaters. We suffer from emotional eating disorder apparently. Thats what the 'experts' say.

I guess we should eat less and do less.

^^^Like button:)

Thanks for the comments!  I know you hear it all the time, but I really can't say how inspiring you and freelee are.  I watch and re-watch everyday!  I love you both!  Thank you!

You know, it seems the more fresh fruit I eat, the leaner I become. that is from experience and it is a true beauty. all i can say is my mind tries to tell me 'what you are doing is weird. most people eat one third to one fourth the calories you eat. you will gain weight!' but my experience shows, the fruit seems to clear out through my body, depositing nutrients and leaving the un-digestibles and toxins, no matter how much I ingest! and I often find serenity in eating this natural way to how wild animals eat, or my dog, perhaps: they gorge until they are stuffed, run and play with their useable energy sources, and wake up the next day looking light and ready to move ^_^

what might be helpful is to ditch the scale. I don't weigh myself but have worn the same clothing since beginning this journey - and they fit the same before a 4000 cal fruit/lettuce day, and after a 4000 cal fruit/lettuce day.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
10 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
yesterday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service