30 Bananas a Day!

hey guys,

i've been lfrv for over 6 years. over the years, i always have cooked food cravings for steamed veggies like broccoli and cauliflowers. (along with cooked mushrooms and garlic.)

i know this is not a nutritional deficiency issue, because once after a prolonged fast, these cravings vanished and i was very happy with fresh fruits and raw veggies. i also know that this is an emotional issue, because my mind has associated steamed broccoli or cauliflowers with comfort. when i eat them, i feel comforted, albeit very superficial and fleeting.

these days the cravings are back. i'm trying to intelligently resist them. it's much easier for me to resist junk food cravings like ice cream or fried chicken, because i know how toxic and harmful they are to the body and mind. but with steamed veggies, my mind tries to argue with me, "what's the harm? they seem so healthy. sure, some vitamins are destroyed, but many minerals are retained."

so can someone please help me, in pointing me to some intelligent and helpful resources, that will clearly state the negative effects of cooked veggies? (i.e. oxidation, etc.)

right now i just tell myself how terrible i'd feel afterwards, the mental guilt, the on-going addiction (it's never just once, if i eat it once, i'll be eating it for a week or more!) it's an addiction because i don't just eat one head of broccoli, if i eat it, i want at least two heads, plus two heads of cauli. 

thanks so much for reading!

Views: 630

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you can view the links in my previous post on this thread to see why cooking is detrimental. vegan is most important for your health, low fat is second [darn I lost my whole long post!]

and eating as much raw as you can is third.

if you are healthy and exercise 90 minutes a day you will not notice eating sub-optimal foods so much.

if you have health issues you are healing up like cancer etc. then you will tend to notice negative effects when you eat sub-optimal foods.  also you will want to do everything you can to help the body along with it's healing and not do anything that could hinder progress. 

Youthfulness, is the difference.

No, it is not nearly as bad as the other foods you mention. Trust your body, it shows and knows, and your intuition. Raw is only for when we want the extraordinary. And then there is a sliding scale within raw too, of what is healthy and healthier. The lighter and the more vitality, the healthier.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
21 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Feb 17
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Feb 15
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 15
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service