30 Bananas a Day!

Teeth and what we can do to keep them - I encourage everyone to share their knowledge and experience.

This post is for the benefit of all those experiencing teeth sensitivity on LFRV.

First of all - have faith that after a couple of years your teeth and gums will become stronger than ever before, but to keep your teeth through the process consider the following tips:

1.    Make sure that no more than 10% of your daily caloric intake is coming from fat (overt as well as covert). Blood sugar imbalances caused by a high fat diet can result in teeth sensitivity and demineralization. If you have blood sugar issues -- it's the best to temporarily forgo overt fats completely.

2.    If you have a history of candida – focus on monomeals. Efficient digestion will help to starve off the candida and your teeth will feel stronger.

3.    If you have any current teeth problems or sensitivity, try to minimize the amount of time your teeth are subjected to the acids -- don’t snack or drink smoothies all day long, try to eat meals instead of grazing.

4.    Acidic fruits have acids in them, which can harm your teeth, if you eat too many too often. Go easy on citrus, pineapples, kiwis, pomegranates and such. Consider eliminating acidic fruits from your diet entirely for a period of time.

5.    Don’t EVER eat unripe fruits.

6.    Dried fruits will stick to your teeth and create breeding grounds for bacteria. If you choose to eat dried fruit – make sure that you thoroughly clean your teeth afterwards.

7.    Nuts and seeds create an acidic mouth environment, which can harm your teeth.

8.    Try eating plain greens with nothing on them after a meal of sweet fruit. Greens will clean the teeth of sugar and make enamel feel stronger.

8.1. Extreme teeth sensitivity might be an indication of excessive acids/toxins in the bloodstream.Eating just fruit, with no greens, would likely increase detoxification. But greens also provides more alkaline minerals which would help to neutralize or buffer the acids/toxins as they move through the bloodstream on their way to be eliminated.

9.    Don’t brush right after meals especially after eating acidic fruits as acid softens the enamel.

9.1. Make a solution of baking soda in water and use as a mouth wash immediately after meals. Baking soda will neutralize the acid. After you use this mouthwash - swish the mouth clean with plain water. - (Admin note: This is controversial and has the potential to cause long term enamel erosion.)

10.    Use a water irrigator to clean your teeth. You can use it right after meals with no risk of damaging enamel. This is the best irrigator ever - http://www.showerfloss.com/ - a real teeth and gum savior!!!

11.    Floss each time you feel you need to, but at least once a day. Use dental tape such as http://www.dentist.net/dr-collins-dental-work-floss.asp instead of a regular floss.

12.    Don’t use teeth whitening chemicals as they further damage the enamel.

13.    Don’t use any toothpaste containing abrasive components. I believe that baking soda and sea salt are highly abrasive substances as well and should never be used in teeth brushing.

Brush either with water or get a Tooth Powder for Sensitive Teeth and Receding Gums from http://www.uncleharrys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&St.... It's made of bark, roots and herbs and it really helps to eliminate sensitivity.

At this time I personally brush with plain water only using a soft toothbrush and frequently rinsing it.

14.    Don’t go back and forth to cooked foods, even to steamed greens. Many people find that their teeth react very negatively and become even more sensitive.

15. Make sure that you get your sunshine for vitamin D. Aim for at least 30 min a day as exposed as it's practical. During winter months consider taking up running outdoors - this way you can get a bit less covered up in clothes.

16. Exercise every day. Exercising promotes calcium assimilation and increases the bone density in the whole body.

If you're up to following this advice, tell the dentist to put away his paint and his pliers. You won't need them -- or him at all.

Recommended:

• Freelee's blog on Teeth Problems and High Carb Raw Vegan -

http://sweetjuicyfreelee.com/2011/03/29/i-lost-all-my-teeth-as-a-fr...

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the point 14 freaked me out.....really !!!!
why?
i eat potatoes and my teeth hurt from lettuce. I have wisdom tooth arriving.
Thank you !

I totally agree that we should see dentists as rarely as possible.

However, I do believe in dental hygiene and the proper diet as far as teeth health goes.

Dental hygiene is especially important when you already have existing problems and want to heal them without a dentist (that's the only way to heal them, really).

I could use some tooth/mouth advice, I've been having an issue.

For the past 3 days or so one of my wisdom teeth has caused the inner cheek/gums around it to be really sore, usually throbbing at night and any time I swallow. I intend to just let it do it's thing but was wondering if there's anything I can do to avoid the pain or ease the swelling. My dentist wanted my wisdom teeth out but that would mean anesthesia and pain killers...no thanks. So it's been a few years and this is the first time I've had significant pain with them.

Thanks a bunch if anybody has any advice. :D 

Is it throbbing because it is growing?

In any case water fasting will help.

Even just one day, but better till at least the cessation of the pain and swelling.

Eating just one time a day will also help.

Fasting over the weekend will help.

You get the picture.

Yeah, that's why asked if it's growing.

When my molars were growing I always rejoiced at the fact that this pain was a 'good' pain and not because of cavities.

Just try to chew on the other side when it hurts.

I wasn't sure if the pain was from them growing or if I had accidentally bitten the inside of my cheek or something. Now I'm thinking they're just growing, based on Fiona's experience. But fasting is totally doable and does seem to help with the pain so far, thanks very much for the advice both of you. :D

It have always freaked me out.

My worst nightmare since childhood.

However I am totally against dental gums - they are full of horrible chemicals.

There is no reason to use them if you can just swish your mouth with water or clean the teeth with toothbrush.

Diet makes all the difference of course in how hard or easy it is to clean your teeth.

If you eat low fat raw vegan - there is practically nothing to clean.

At this time I gave up all toothpaste eventually - natural or not, and just use a soft toothbrush, water and a shower water irrigator (see main post).

bad breath and bad teeth do not happen because of not using toothpaste.
They happen because of bad diet combined with not cleaning your teeth.

What about people who are still transitioning and have had teeth problems arise since increasing their fruit quantity? - are they inadvertantly damaging their teeth, as they are going from raw to cooked daily??  Is it impossible for the teeth to recover if their problems have been 'exposed' by fruit, but the person isn't 100% yet???

What are people's views on this?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
11 hours ago
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service