30 Bananas a Day!

I've found myself at odds with this issue and I wanted to see what other like-minded people think! I keep glancing at my skin and find my pale, almost porcelain white skin to be quite unattractive. I've thought about tanning (sitting out in the sun, not the horrid tanning beds!) but I'm finding a majority of the people around me are quite against it. Most people say it gives you cancer, makes your skin terrible in the future, causes premature aging, the list goes on. So, what do you think about tanning? Is it as bad as everyone makes it out to be?

Views: 779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally agree.  Also do your own experimentation, eat 100% low fat raw for a couple of days and go out in the sun, you will notice a significant difference in how your skin reacts. 

If we are well hydrated, eating low fat, eating raw, eating foods that are less taxing on the body- doing each of these will result in a healthier skin response to sun exposure.

Well said Bj

A very good article from the Vitamin D council on getting D from sun exposure and tanning beds: http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/how-do-i-get-the-vit...

I have no skin pigmentation either. It's the way you are. Love yourself the way you are. I've had skin cancer before, and it's no fun. Avoid direct sunlight during the extreme hours. Go for a walk instead of just lying there. I wear sunblock on my face, chest, upperarms, and tattooed regions cuz that's where i burn. Don't ever let your skin burn, you're hurting your health.

Yes it's only too obvious that one must not suntan till one burns but suntan one must.The human body and bones need vitamin D.If you cannot get tanned now you may after being HCLW for long enough,however long that may be in your case.We are all individuals and have our own differences.Do not believe you will stay pale forever.Also there are cases where sunlight (not tanning beds) have actually healed skincancers.

I sincerely feel it is like a handicap to be pale (as I am too,but getting much improved results with raw) and to be able to see those results is like having a new skin,unbelievable.

It equals the other health results that  one gets on this lifestyle.Sometimes it  shows more,other times less but one can see improvements even if it may not be constant or quick enough for one's liking.

It is not a one day pale,next day tanned (like sunbeds) It is in the overall tone of one s skin.From looking sick and pale to healthy tan over long time thus at the same time keeping up the outdoorsy activities more than staying indoors fearing sunlight.

I think it's fine. I would start slowly and warm your self up to it like a lot of people here have mentioned. But my stepmom has trouble absorbing vitamin D and her doctor recommends an like 30 min or an hour in the sun each day (not during peak hours though) totally naked.

Or there's probably a natural vegan sunless tanner out there you could try.

maybe this analogy will help people to get it. If you get cut or gouged, scabs and scars form to protect your body from further damage. If you get UV skin damage, your body tans to protect your body from even greater damage. Tanning is the body's protective response to damage that has already occurred!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Jun 21
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Jun 21
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service