30 Bananas a Day!

Hello. I'm new/transitioning to this lifestyle within a household of carnivores (I'm 16 and my parents are only allowing it because they don't really know what it is (which is horrible). Due to my age and financial dependency, I am forced to tolerate their constant negative and narrow-minded attitudes toward my choices, though theirs are a lot more unhealthy. I've been high carb, raw for about a week and a half now, and everything had been going well--until three days ago. After eating, my lips began to itch and swell. Not thinking anything of it, I continued my day as normal. Upon eating once more, my lips again began to swell and blisters developed (Note: none of the same food was consumed at each meal). This has continued every time I eat. My parents, seeing this as a "sign" that my diet is evil, are trying to convince me to eat a legume-heavy, high fat diet because "my body needs it". After being forced into a doctors office (to which I was prescribed steroids (yikes!), and advised that it might be an allergic reaction), I am incredibly frustrated. Has anyone else experienced/heard of this? I began thinking it may be cold sores, but they cover the entire surface of my lips, and I've never had cold sores before. I'm just not sure.

Views: 728

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The EXACT same thing used to happen to me all of the time for a year before I went hcrv and for quite a while in my beginning days (about the first 100 days...I'm on day 135 as of today). I still have lip issues if I eat certain foods that have been sprayed with chemicals or cooked (conventional produce, dried fruits, dates). Not drinking enough water also causes my lips to react. You should be peeing clear/almost clear 8-12 times per day. Sometimes exercise can trigger a response and things like smoke or environmental factors can upset lips as well.

What have you been eating, drinking, doing activity-wise?

Oh, and the steroids that they prescribed...they only mask the problem. Once you go off of them, the lips go right back to how they were before the steroids. I was prescribed all types of meds for my lips, including steroids, and that's exactly why happened to me when I stopped using them.

Your lips are reacting because your body is trying to rid itself of toxins and the mucous membranes of the body (mouth, lips, etc) are a few of the first to show adverse reactions. If you've been eating lots of animal products for a while, this may be your body trying to expel them. Stick with the fruits and veggies, and try to eat lots of watery fruits like watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc. After eating, I find it very very helpful to gently wipe off my lips with water and a clean cloth or paper towel. It helps to remove the leftover fruit sugar residue and not leave it on the lips to cause itching or swelling.

If you have any concerns or any more questions, etc, I'm more than happy to help! I know how terrible it feels, but it will get better if you persevere.

Peace and hugs :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
13 hours ago
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service