30 Bananas a Day!

Switched from fully raw to raw till 4 pm and finding cooked food addictive... any pointers?

Hi,

I just switched from fully raw to raw till 4 and I am not liking it. I feel like eating more and more and more even though my belly is bloated and full. I eat the entire amount that I cook (mostly rice, potatoes with some veggies), regardless of how much quantity I made. I feel lethargic soon after eating. My eyes feel puffy (maybe the sodium in the low-salt bouillon since I am coming from a 0 sodium diet?). I also feel dehydrated.

I think I don't have enough room to get as many greens in my diet if I add cooked food as my dinner would otherwise be green salads.

(Pardon this sharing) My motions are also not as smooth, and stink more.

Does anyone have any pointers on a smooth transition? Maybe I will just go back to being 100% raw but the trouble with that is that I feel quite hungry most of the time. I have never had any emotional issues with food but it seems that I am stuck between feeling hungry a lot on fully raw diet to feeling addicted to cooked food that I can't seem to stop eating once I start.

Views: 1035

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long had you been 100% raw for before you'd decided to switch back? ... my guess is what you were perceiving as hunger was your digestive system not yet healed from a previous diet.

I have just switched back to fully raw from raw til 4 (on day 11 now) and my stomach is churning even though I'm not hungry. I've read somewhere that real hunger is a feeling in your throat not your stomach.

I think your answer lies in finding adaptations within a 100% raw diet rather than adding cooked food.

I have been raw vegan since June, 2014. Yea, I agree. I will keep it 99% raw and maybe eat one cooked meal a week and that too be very picky about what I make. White rice is usually okay but no salt or herbs or spices or oil.

I will try and add more greens to my diet and get more variety in the fruits that I eat but that is usually hard for me as I can't eat too many greens in one sitting, its too much to eat and due to busy lifestyle, I always fall back to easy and convenient fruits like bananas and dates, fresh squeezed orange juice or watermelon smoothie. Rarely eat other fruits unless its summer time and there are mangoes, papayas, persimmons in season. Its also tricky as you can't just buy the fruits and eat them like you can eat cooked food, you have to patiently and meticulously wait till they ripen and are ready to eat. Do you have any suggestions on that? 

I've been going back and forth a lot recently. I've found that if I do eat cooked food, sticking to cooked veggies like sweet potatoes and squash feels a lot better than eating grains. Better digestion, less bloating but unfortunately still kinda addictive for me anyways. I'm trying to be 100%raw as much as I can. I've noticed that it's a lot harder to overeat on fruit and if I do the consequences are not nearly as bad, so I just try and focus on high cal fruits (bananas, grapes, persimmons) to get enough to fill me up.

I see. Will try that out.. hmm, now that I think of it, a lot of free lee's cooked food videos are about veggies like soups and potatoes or pasta made of corn, never any grains!

I think you are on the wrong forum bro haha.

This place is for crew getting it done and making no excuses. xD

You obviously have an eating disorder if you think eating clean vegan food is 'addictive'.

You T levels must be low as or soon will be. Be careful bro.

100% raw is a waste of time if you are left hungry most of the time. That is like riding a bicycle on ice. What is the point if it doesnt work for you?

Thanks for the tough love, bro. I am trying and failing and asking for help and pointers from the pros who have walked the talk and gone through similar issues. Already, I hear so many useful tips that I can start applying right away.

Will get my T levels tested soon too. Please let me know if there any specific tests I must tell me doctor to write down for me.

Tons of love and appreciation for you bud!

Defiantly can relate to this when i tried going from fully raw to rawtill4! I found it highly addictive and just kept wanting to eat and eat even when i was full and id literally get to the point of being sick, it got seriously out of control and i started to feel like crap mentally and physically! Reminded me exactly of being addicted to drugs because i just kept wanting more of more of something that made feel like shit? 

When i just eat fruit for an extended period of time even with eating mostly local fruit in Thailand in the end i never feel satiated and i begin to get cooked food cravings even when stuffing myself with fruit, then i begin adding in tons of greens in the form of salads and green smoothies and bam i feel so satiated and my cooked food cravings go.. I coach people on this lifestyle and i see it all to often people are not eating enough greens, we do not just get hungry for calories only but also minerals!

Thank you Caroline and Dan for the tip.. how much greens should I try and eat? I usually eat one head of lettuce in my dinner salad, anything more seems too much for my stomach to take in. How do you pack tons of greens in your daily diet? Any tips and pointers? I do drink a juice press mother earth green juice daily (organic, freshly juiced greens) to add more greens to my diet.

Green fruit smoothies are the key my friend because you can easily put 1lbs in a smoothie with tons of sweet fruit without tasting it! I get my clients to have 1-2lbs a day for optimal health results. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GCwr_2JNSI

@Sun Fruit Dan what type of greens are you suggesting to put in smoothies? The only greens I eat are lettuce. Would lettuce work? To me it doesn't seem like it would blend up too well. Let me know your suggestions thanks.

I always recommend lettuce and use this myself, my blender blenders it really well.

Thanks Dan!! Is it okay to use baby spinach? What about kale?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubscribed As Funding Demand Soars 50% Overnight #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2mi7u6d"
21 hours ago
"$53.2 Billion In QE Lite: Fed Concludes First Repo In A Decade Amid Liquidity Panic #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kFdPbI"
yesterday
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Sep 12
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service