30 Bananas a Day!

I want to talk about the forgotten "potato", the sweet potato. It is almost a taboo subject, I don't hear about it much, esp as the cooked end of day meal option. I love sweet potatoes and they really help keep the evening variety of meals pretty high. Why aren't sweet potatoes talked about or used? Is it people personally don't prefer them/prefer other options or is there something that is actively being avoided?

Views: 746

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I grow them in my garden and eat them all the time, there's nothing wrong with them! :)

That's great to hear! I love sweet potatoes so much, was just afraid for some reason they were being avoided.

haha i wrote a post about it, as i ate them as stample every night!

I still do! I looooove them!!

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/sweet-potatoes-water-rete...

Yess! I will have to check that post out <3

<3

The potato sweetness doesn't bother me one bit! Not sure why, but in it's pure form its just oh so delicious. I also love it in sushi

i actually PREFER bittersweet food rather than all sweet or all bitter!

Mmmmm; love sweet potato! I think I'll make some tonight lol.

Actually sweet potatoes are far superior to regular potatoes in terms of digestion and nutrition. You've got less starch and more simple sugars in sweet potatoes. Less polysaccharides less work/energy breaking them down into monosaccharides. 

Replacing white potatoes or any rice with sweet potatoes is a great choice. 

I don't think it's a "taboo subject". I love sweet potatoes and eat them a couple times a week for dinner!

Sweet potatoes are a good source of energy and are higher yielding than cereals. Also a staple of the okinawan centenarians ( who consumed no fruit).

White potatoes are a better source of protein and digestibility.. Sweet potatoes can cause unpleasant gastric symptoms ( relatively harmless) and are higher in sugar.

Starch is efficiently broken down into glucose by the body.. Fructose must be metabolised by the liver and is also efficiently converted to energy, but in excess ( beyond caloric needs) will be converted to body fat, whereas starch will both be burnt off as body heat and also stored as fat ( less efficiently ).. Though this rise in body temperature, when consumed in excess is also counter-productive to long-term health.

So at the end of it, both fruit and sweet potatoes are excellent within caloric requirements... Sweet potatoes need to be cooked, whereas fruit doesn't.. On a ecological standpoint ( based on self sufficiency, not the current import situation), fruits win.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock posted a discussion
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
15 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
Jan 23
"Did Google Assassinate Wife Of Whistleblower Who Exposed The Search Engine? #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2TIghNE"
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service