30 Bananas a Day!

Does anybody know why sugar doesn't actually make you fat but FAT makes you fat?

The actual science of it? Because I've started HCLF vegan lifestyle 3 months ago and I'm still packing on weight (although I come from a background of restricting calories a lot). And recently I've been putting around 200g of sugar in my smoothies daily, since the fruit here is not sweet at all and it's what I can afford at the moment, and I'm wondering if it's too much sugar (that doesn't come from fruit). Help?

Views: 1143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very true!!!

Usually you can get organic evaporated cane juice (fancy word for sugar) for cheaper than coconut sugar. Try freezing the ripe bananas, they make them sweeter! Honey I think (in my personal opinion, not hating just saying) is a bad idea! Not only is it harmful for bees but is very inflammatory, and very acidic, I think more acidic than sugar! The bees take pollen from nearly anything and can be cross-contaminated with weird plants such as poison ivy/oak. 

All sugar is the same, just have varying degrees in acidity. Refined white sugar is a little more acidic than brown sugar I think. Raw sugar is way better in terms of acidity, then comes coconut sugar. All sugar is acidic in nature because it is extracted from plants and some take industrial processes to turn into granulated sugar. Sugar should be your friend though especially if you have bad fruit. Your metabolism will catch up, don't worry. I stopped gaining weight (only gained 5 measly pounds) after 1-2 months than after that I just stayed same weight quit gaining (for 1 month), and then after that phase  I started to lean out. The thing is though, I didn't exercise. Now I exercise because I learned that it increases your metabolism GREATLY, making your heart rate increase. Resistance training is another good one, and VERY important. The more muscle you have = the more fat loss you have. Muscle burns fat, so resistance training is good. For now, eat as much as you can = more energy, then try to incorporate 2-3 times per week moderate intensity cardio and resistance training. I do abs, legs, butt, and arm machines at gym 2-3 times per week.

Also, EAT MORE to BURN MORE. I eat 3000+ calories and only exercise 2-3 times per week. You need to move some to help jumpstart your metabolism since you are beginning out, but not too much you don't want to burn yourself out. It is not healthy to be sedentary.  When you start at only 2-3 times per week your metabolism will increase and will not likely store fat unless you eat fat. On this lifestyle, you don't need to exercise much at all, the sugars from fruit naturally raise metabolism. The SAD eaters have to exercise every day because of all the fat and crap they eat on a day to day basis, they also eat very little (maybe 1500-2000 calories) but very dense food.

Basically, all sugar is the same in what it does for the body (sugar is a nutrient and brings energy). All are acidic, but I'm sure refined white sugar is that worst. Animal products/protein is WAYYYY MORE ACIDIC though so don't worry too much about the sugar acidity! Also, you are ingesting lots of fruits and veggies so your body will not be acidic by any means, fruits and veggies are alkalizing. You need to get your carbs in though if your fruit is horrible. It's not the sugar making you gain weight. It's your metabolism that is trying to adjust. It will adjust, don't worry! Mine adjusted after a few months and only gained a total of 5 pounds. Then after that it went away and am leaning out. Also, make sure you are gaining fat and not just fluid/fiber/muscle/bone density, etc.

Thank you so much for all the information.

Adding brown sugar is the best way for me to get enough calories and sweetness in my diet and have enough money to buy fruit. I just have to wait and see how my weight is going to be from now on. 

I think my metabolism was all screwed up from all the dieting in the past so I think it is 'normal' the weight gain I am experiencing (and yes, it is fat).

Thank you!

How tall are you and how much do you weigh Hannah?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
yesterday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
yesterday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
yesterday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday
"As Hong Kong ATMs Run Out Of Cash, Central Bank Steps In To Prevent "Panic Among The Public" #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35aHziW"
Oct 7
"Financial Crisis at PMC - India Leaves Thousands Crying For Their Money! Bank Runs Lead To Withdrawal Limits #truth http://j.mp/2oiRdPW"
Oct 7
"Economic Collapse News - The Fed Extends Repo Operations Through Nov, Retail Job Cuts 2019 #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35exba7"
Oct 7

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service