30 Bananas a Day!

Ok, here's my situation - I'm a "housewife." I care for my 6 month old (I breastfeed) and my boyfriend never really cared for me to get a job, as he makes enough money to support us. BUT when I explained my concern about my health to him (I have hypothyroidism that I feel is getting worse & GERD; it all runs in my family.) ..I basically just said I needed to detoxify my body, not completely changing my lifestyle. I guess I feel bad for not making my own money to eat the way I want? I definitely don't want to get a job, though. I love being able to be with my daughter. And I am trying to find the "cheaper" way of being on this lifestyle, but it's SO HARD because I'm allllllllllllllwwwwwwwaaayyyss hungry due to breastfeeding!
I guess I'm looking for tips or maybe advice on how to go raw while breastfeeding?

Views: 1858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A very good point.

Agreed.

There was a great thread going around a few weeks back asking how much people spend weekly on the LFRV diet.  The average was about $150/week, which is about your average too (and mine).  And considering that on this diet, you don't really eat out, you may actually end up saving money.  I guess you could say that you would be doing your BF a financial favor by going raw.

$150 a week?  That's insane!  Aren't many of us saying that we can do this for less than ten dollars a day if we either buy in bulk or shop sales?  $600 a month puts this diet out of the ballpark for the average working person. 

Most SAD people I know spend $10/day just on lunch.

The national average is $150. a week, So that is actually in the ballpark for many.

Considering that Americans spend less on food than any other country, worldwide, $150/week is actually extremely cheap.

Also, keep in mind that $150 is a very rough average based on the referred thread.  So a lot of people were quoting less, so if you're on a tight budget, it can be done.  I've lived raw for 10 bucks a day in the past.

I seem to spend closer to $100 or less per week. 

Wow that made me feel even worse ):

Well, the point of the video was "you gotta make money to get the best possible produce." Maybe it's just me, but it sounded harsh lol. It's true, though. I guess I could do as DivineSunshine said so I don't have to take attention off my little one (:
I really want to succeed being raw. I'm just stressing because it's all so new having someone else foot the bill for me.

:)  Nice Melissa! 

Growing your own lettuce and veggies and buying cases of bananas from your  local wholesaler and mail order cases of dates is the cheapest way to start.  Soon you will find the deals on other fruits.

Guess this lady's age!

Fruitarian Produce Shopping - Professional Level!

whoaaaaaaaaaa @ednshell THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 I'm ordering them right nowwww hehe

& yes wholesalers sound like a great idea. This weekend I'm going to pick blueberries and I'm really excited. I have a sun room in my apartment (it's like an indoor patio?) and I think I could definitely grow whatever I want in there since we aren't using the room much (:

Thanks again everyone <3 I feel a lot better now that I have all your opinions to consider (:

Also, foster an attitude of gratitude that someone is providing for you.  

Honestly my parents probably spend like 200-300 a week sometimes on me and my sister for food. it's sometimes quite stressful, and saddening, that this system wasn't able to support health. but i think its getting a lot easier(cheaper) since more things are being grown local in the warm weather.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
17 hours ago
fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Sunday
fruity78 posted a discussion
Sunday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Nov 13
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Nov 13
Nov 13
Nov 13
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Nov 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by