30 Bananas a Day!

I'm interested in hearing from those of you who participate in strength sports. By my definition these would include powerlifting, weightlifting, armwrestling, strongman, throwing, sprinting, gymnastics, grappling; and to a degree bouldering and cheerleading (as a solo base). Can you thrive in these sports as a LFRV? Has anyone noticed a difference in absolute strength, speed-strength, or quickness between LFRV and other diets?

I know that LFRV does wonders for endurance and I have experienced that. I would love to get more into endurance sports, but I don't want to sacrifice too much strength or speed. I was disappointed to read the below thread of the mma guy who thinks LFRV is making him less explosive. Does anyone have any positive experiences in strength sports with this diet?

Views: 761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a good deadlift for your weight. And that's a lifetime PR set 5 months into a LFRV diet? That's very encouraging. I'm sure the extra sleep made a big difference. I remember when I used to lift weights in school, I could pull a lot more weight after a good nights rest. I was lifting up to 20% more than on days when I was sleep deprived.

I'd love to set a deadlift PR once I'm long term LFRV, but I'm not sure it's a reasonable goal for me. I set my last PR at the age of 20, weighing 185 lb, and training heavy on a regular basis. I'll be 28 soon and approaching bodyweight of 160, and I haven't lifted in years. But I would appreciate a strength/weight PR at least.

Also, if your strength is peaking I believe your explosiveness should be as well. Maybe you could test with power cleans in a few weeks. I hit my best deadlift and clean within a few months of each other.

yes thats a pr for my current, non SAD diet, and non supplemented  weight.  My all time best deadlift was 405lbs... however I weighed 250 pounds then and I also used bad form on a sumo style deadlift.  The 315lb that i set today was vegan, plus perfect form on a standard deadlift with legs inside of arms at 195 lbs body weight.  Sumos are easier also...  I should note that the 315 was set after many pulls at 275, 285, and 300 so my tip top pr would probably be 340 or so.

Im much prouder of my 315 than the 405.

Both lifts are 1.62 times your body weight. So we can count that as matched. As far as the form goes I'm not sure it's clear whether it helps or hurts. I personally feel best pulling conventional with round back. If you feel best sumo, then maybe your current lift is the better effort. You will be hitting a lifetime strength/weight PR soon! :)

Here is just one little piece of the puzzle.

Most of the HGH that we secrete occurs in N3 sleep.

Thanks but I was quite SAD at the time. :)  Agree that statics are a great way to gain strength, if not the best way. A 30-60 second static hold can build more strength than hours of pumping weights. Plus, you recover very quickly from statics and can therefore train the same muscles every day. I've heard a lot about faster recovery and greater endurance on this diet. Those two factors should be very helpful in the pursuit of strength.

how long have you done it now Mikey? notice any visual improvements?
I'll be honest, I just skimmed through this, so not sure if anyone has said this yet, but just wanted to put the info out there. There are a lot of misconceptions about strength. Its NOT about size. Strength is determined by your ability to contract your muscles. If you want STRENGTH and not muscle mass, you need to do low reps, high weight. If you want muscle MASS, you need to do higher reps. Think of it like this, if you tax your muscles, they think they need to be bigger to perform longer, to hold more fuel, so more reps will make them bigger. If you want to be stronger, you should focus more on contracting your muscles, which you don't really need weights to do anyway. I highly recommend reading the book, "Power to the people!: Russian Strength Training Secrets for Every American" (http://www.amazon.com/Power-People-Strength-Training-American/dp/09...) if you are interested in STRENGTH. It makes a lot of good points. Personally I think "smaller" people (about Bruce Lee's size) are all around better athletes. Some people who are around 140lbs can lift as much if not more than 300 pound guys, and set world records. Strength is all about DENSITY! Train smarter, not harder. Also, bigger muscles take a lot of work to maintain, so if you think you need to be big to be strong, think again. But if your fashion over function and want to be big, go ahead and do your thing.
True but there is so many routines out there that seems to be making the same results. If you just dont eat to much you can almost do anything and achieve great physique

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
15 hours ago
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service