30 Bananas a Day!

Yes, I know that you've had to deal with weight gain post after weight gain post, but this one is different from the majority of those since I've been on this lifestyle for 2.5 years now. I could really use your help here, fruities--I don't know what's wrong!

I am currently in my freshman year of university (as an architecture student), and I've gained a significant amount of weight since arriving. I don't know how much because I don't have a scale and don't weigh myself regularly. I'm still eating a fruit-based, basically-raw (some pasteurized juice and dried fruit here and there) diet, although it's changed slightly in terms of types of LFRV foods because I live off the included meal plan and whatever I can buy in one grocery trip a week (some bananas, some salad fixings for when the dining hall isn't open, and maybe one other fruit). My mileage is equal to or slightly less than before school started (heavy architecture workload), with me running/cycling usually five days a week instead of seven. I get anywhere from 5-9 hours of sleep per night, depending on my studio work. Seven or eight hours is probably a good estimate of the average. It's impossible to complete my projects and still get enough sleep each night.

Below is an example of a day's food (today, for example)

Breakfast: 2 pineapples (600-700 calories)

Lunch: 4 plates cubed honeydew/cantaloupe (all the cafeteria usually serves in terms of fresh fruit), maybe 3-ish cups per plate or the equivalent of 2-3 cantaloupes? (400-600 calories?)

Snack: large Jamba Juice fruit smoothie (400 calories)

Dinner: Another 2 plates melon, + 1 cup raisins, + 1/2 cup strawberry jam, + 4 toppling plates salad w/ tomato, cucumber, carrots & cabbage (600-700 calories?)

Late-night snack: 100% pineapple canned pineapple chunks (400 calories)

3-3.5 L water

I have, on a few occasions, eaten a few things that I wouldn't normally eat--whether by accident or not: a few tablespoons of peanut sauce (on a salad), some pickled carrot and radish (thought they were raw), and some salted/steamed veggies (didn't know about the salt). However, I doubt that this is the cause of my substantial weight gain.

I usually drink anywhere from 2.5-3.5 liters per day, and I often feel thirsty. I think that this is because I'm originally from Florida, and I've moved to Austin, Texas. I distill tap water with a pitcher-type (carbon) water filter.

An example of a week's exercise:

Sunday: 5-mile trail run

Monday: very brief walking/cycling to and from studio (less sleep last night)

Tuesday: 5-mile trail run

Wednesday: 6-mile trail run

Thursday: 4-mile bike to grocery (less sleep last night)

Friday: 5 or 6-mile total equivalent "Brick" workout--about 40 minutes spinning and 25+ minutes running

Saturday: 10-12 mile long run

I have noticed a steady increase in body fat: my thighs completely rub all the time now, whereas I used to have a slight gap between them; my arms are a bit thicker, although perhaps not all of that gain is fat; my boobs (well, mostly one boob, haha) have grown noticeably. What's up? (At least, what do you surmise is up?)  Is it the food? The exercise? The sleep? I don't want to keep gaining weight--that might drive me back into depression (recovered soon after beginning this lifestyle). 

I greatly, greatly appreciate any advice--especially evidence-/science-based advice!!!

Much love,

Shannon 

Views: 911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a thought...but at what age did you start becoming a lfrv? How old are you now? You mentioned the weight appearing in your thighs and boobs...maybe you are just growing into your womanly body? Are you still in a healthy weight range for you height?

I'm 18 now, and I became lfrv around 15 or 16. I did have an eating disorder for a few years before that, so it is possible that my body is just now deciding to finish off puberty. I don't know my weight, but I wouldn't say that it's overweight YET. I've never had a period and still haven't. 

It's an interesting possibility!

Hmm I would like to venture a guess that that's your problem then. Your hormones are still trying to balance out. I would hang in there and don't panic...eat enough, try not to stress and though it's hard try to get enough sleep. :)

Good advice! I will definitely do that. Thank you for your help. (:

+1!

2500 calories if your lucky, probably less though. That is not enough to meet your nutritional requirements.  And not enough to cover your energy needs.  

On top of this you are not getting enough sleep!

Shananana-Banana said > It's impossible to complete my projects and still get enough sleep each night.

Sleep is one the the 30BaD health factors too, if we are not meeting our needs we can't expect our body to heal!  Replace the exercise with sleep, it's more important.  Or go on one of these meditation courses and learn how to have a sharper, wiser mind and one of the many benefits is you can replace sleep with an even deeper state of relaxation.  I meet lots of students on these courses who swear by it for it's study benefits and time saying benefits for both sleep and better decision making and enhanced mental performance.

Here is Durianriders' advice:

Sleep, water, sugar sufficiency must be the daily focus.

Sun + sport must be the weekly focus.

Making the world a better place for humanity, the animals and the environment must be the life focus.

Here are some more tips from Durianrider & Freelee

One MUST get consistent early nights to ensure success on a healthy weight loss lifestyle. More early nights means a healthier and faster metabolism + you will have greater nerve energy for the next day as your organs get the rest they need to function healthfully.

High carb low fat fruit based lifestyles work wonders for long term weight loss transformations. Ive NEVER seen a fat fruit or rice muncher EVER. People sneak in fat and wonder why they get fat.

Im talking FAT FAT not skinny fat cos someone doesnt move their body and they wonder why they dont have a tight stomach.Weight loss transformation WILL happen when you do the right things. High carb, low fat, early nights, consistent hydration etc.

Participate in your fav activities to build the toned body that you want. Its easy to lose weight but to build a toned body you MUST MOVE IT! :) AND eat enough carb calories so that the active adventure filled lifestyle is EASY to maintain!! So many people make the mistake of not eating enough carb calories DAILY!! Thats like wanting to be a big spender on 5$ a day! CHOW DOWN THE CARB CALORIES REGARDLESS OF YOUR WEIGHT!!

My recommendations for anyone wanting to get fit + stay fit + gain muscle + burn fat is 10g of carbs per kg of bodyweight per day MINIMUM (even on days off) and 1g of carbs per kg of bodyweight per hour when you're out training. I personally drink enough water so Im pizz'n at least 10 times a day CLEAR and a few times a night. If my urine is yellow or straw, I just knock back a quart and Im good to go.
Raw food diet vegan high carb low fat style based on fruit keeps you slim naturally. How to get a flat stomach, how to lose weight with raw foods.how to start a raw food diet? all these questions and more answered by Durianrider & Freelee on our channels. Thanks for watching! :)

Stress?

-PinNAPPLE cHUNKS,, jUSICE YOUR tWO pINNAPPLES ,FORGET THE cABBAGE, - THE rASINS

LOVE YOU -Arron :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
15 hours ago
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service