30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone! New to the 30BaD community and couldn't be anymore excited to be begin my healing journey. I was a vegetarian for about 3 years and in the past, I restricted myself in hopes of maintaining a weight loss of 30 pounds. After binge eating at least once a week, I knew it was up to me to change what was physically, mentally, and emotionally damaging my soul.

I'm really just looking for advice and/or personal stories about their first days/weeks to keep me motivated!

Julie 

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Use cronometer.com to diary what you eat for 2 reasons. 1. make sure your choices add up to complete nutrition. #2. make sure you eat enough.  Going onto a HCLF lifestyle typically can be surprising how much you really need to eat to both be full, as well as get the nutrition and energy you need.  logging what you eat on something like cronometer helped me to re-calibrate my eyes to the food volume as well as seek out more variety to round out my nutrition.  I started this lifestyle on January 1st this year.

Hi Julie. My advice - buy a box or two of bananas ASAP and focus on eating as many ripe bananas as you can throughout the day, it will help you get used to the volumes involved. A large banana is 100 cals - easy to remember!

Thanks for the advice Nathan! Already went to Costco and stocked up! The bananas have been ripening up over the last couple of days. A little confused if they are ripe or not...they have brown spots all over them but they have green tips. Are they ready to eat?

Some bananas ripen like that.   They should be fine to start eating.

Don't rely too much on what they look like - some will darken more than others, depends on how they're stored, when they're harvested etc. The nice thing about buying in bulk is that you can afford to open one up and check the texture. Should be soft to the touch, not firm and 'crunchy'. Should smell sweet and banana-y. If it smells or tastes at all like alcohol then it's fermented and is overripe. Freeze any that are on the verge of becoming overripe and use them for nice cream.  

What helped me to sticking to a vegan diet for 2 years (In 2 months) was the ethical aspect. Earthlings is a phenomenal documentary I recommend. Forks over Knifes is about the health aspect of this plant-based diet and provides extensive nutritional information. Cowspiricy is critically acclaimed and a wonderful resource for environmental reasons for veganism. Checking out these films will make everything seem less complicated and give you strong enough reasons to make HCLF vegan more than a diet, but truly a lifestyle. Good Luck to you on your unique vegan journey. =)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell and Melissa Grace are now friends
Monday
Melissa Grace replied to Malorey Adams's discussion Is the raw till 4 diet helpful to those with autism?
Monday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. replied to Dan Leusink's discussion Have near death experiences inspired others to seek this lifestyle?
Monday
Melissa Grace replied to Dan Leusink's discussion Have near death experiences inspired others to seek this lifestyle?
Monday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Valentin Otto
Monday
Melissa Grace posted a status
"Wishing for interest in Kins Domains amoung raw vegans. I know that in all climates there are methods of returning to our pristine origins."
Monday
PK left a comment for Windlord
Sunday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Doctors Speak Out - Frontline Doctors, Press Conference, D.C. - 28 July 2020 - Day after censorship #truth #light https://j.mp/2P7j7bC"
Jul 30
"The Big Tech CENSORSHIP SCANDAL is Going Just As Viral As The BANNED DOCTORS VIDEO!! #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2Dk7pru"
Jul 30
"Bill Gates & Fauci!!!! The Truth Is Here and People Need to Take This Worldwide #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/39DNjnV"
Jul 29
Made posted a discussion
Jul 27
Ryan S and Jean-Marc are now friends
Jul 26
Shvara posted a status
"I am for pineapple!"
Jul 23
Shvara posted a blog post
Jul 23
Valentin Otto left a comment for Shvara
Jul 22