30 Bananas a Day!

This 30BaD post is for support and inspiration. IT IS FOR EVERYONE. (Yes, you!) Everyone (you) can use it either as a daily exercise journal, a place to post sporadic exercise episodes or events, sources for valuable exercise information or injury prevention, or a place to simply chat and cheer everyone on. It's a place for everyone (you) to feel accepted and loved and encouraged.  It's a place for everyone (you) to feel at home.

Views: 80536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

once read a story about a kid who lifted his baby calf each and every day.  As the cow grew in size, so too did the boy in strength, until they were both full grown, and the man could still lift the beast!

So keep it up, Mary! :)

100 sledge strikes to warm

Strict Shoulder Press 100# for 4, 4, 3 reps

Back SQ 5x3 @ 185

Complete 7 rounds for time:

40 lb DB Walking Lunges – 20 steps
Reverse Wall Climb + Push Up – 5 Reps

17:57

1 hr group yoga

Hi guys!

Havent posted much as I have been feeling crappy. Sciatica is bad. Leg went completely numb on friday from having to sit in my car 2 hours in traffic :(

Today was able to do brazil butt lift rio extreme and day 2 30 day pushup challenge on my knees. 16 today. I have gained so much fat on my body. Cellulite I have never seen since days of SAD.  My PT says average weight gain after a back injury is 10 lbs within a couple months.  Yep sounds about right. Guessing my body is healing right now so is holding on to weight... frustrating.

I will commit to the Ragnar race though this weekend and not flake on my team.  My 3 legs total up to 14.5 miles. No climbing at all. My team was good about giving me the easy legs.

Tomorrow I will see my WC doctor and I will be requesting a lumbar support for my car and a ergonomic office chair. 

Hola!

Today Ali part 1  then Tracy Anderson Mat work 20 minutes, 17 pushups, then

Ali part 2

My pecs hurt.

So doc says he will order me an MRI in 2 weeks if symptoms dont resolve.... I already know I have a pinched nerve. Whats the point.  I wont get surgery.  I will heal myself dammit.  I requested that Workers comp come and do an ergonomic assessment of my work station at work.  They better buy me a special chair!

That is very frustrating, Jo.  Don't know how this will resolve, but glad to see you're still fighting through it.  I'm far from an expert, but if it's a pinched nerve (between two bones?), what is involved (other than surgery) in un-pinching it?
Might a great chiro help?  I found a fine tui na practitioner here, and could get his recommendation for someone closer to you if you like.

Skill/Strength
Power Snatch 3-3-2-2-2
built to 110#

“Barbara”
5 rounds for time (rest 3:00 between rounds)
20 Pull-ups 
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats

38:24

A pinched nerve could be from a lot of things not necessarily bone. The disc could be bulging putting pressure on the nerve. So getting the disc to move back to where it should be would be ideal but only an mri would show this. I don't have medical insurance right now and have an hmo so can't choose providers :/ i would love to see a PT that specializes in Mckenzie exercises which are proven to help with bulging discs. I bought his book so I will have to rehab myself since workers comp PTs are a fucking disgrace to my profession. Excuse my French!

5.5 mile run 11:13 pace with my running grp... I am so slow now sad :(

18 pushups and 50 minutes of yoga at work with co workers

I believe you'll drop those times again, Jo, once healed.  You've got the drive.

you leading the yoga?

Skill -
Every 1:00 for 10:00
20' handstand lateral wall walk

Strength -
Every 1:00 for 10:00
1 Power Clean + 1 Hang Squat Clean, with 125# for most sets

For time:
20 Deadlifts 155
20 strict Handstand Push-ups, off 2 pads
15 Hang Power Cleans 115
15 Box Jump Overs 24"
10 Shoulder to Overhead 115
10 Bar Facing Burpeesa
7:21

bout an hour and a half later,
“Macho Man”
EMOM x 20 minutes:
3 Power cleans
3 Front squats
3 Push jerks
Complete each 9 reps within 60-seconds.
used 95# successfully
Added a check to the bucket list today.
On a breezy but beautiful morning, this Crossfitter for whom 5K is a long run, accomplished my first ever half marathon, exceedingly my goals in the process:
Broke 2 hrs with a 1:56:15; with sub 9 minute miles holding an 8:53.
Top 25 percent of the overall field.
Full credit to a fine pacer who kept me on track through most of the race.
Given my general fitness aspirations (and a now shocking level of soreness!)
I don't plan to make a habit out of this distance, but it was a great experience nonetheless!
warmed with crazy pilates abs:

then some cleans, jerks, and

30 Power Snatch @ 95#
10 Handstand Push-ups, banded for assistance
20 Power Snatch
20 Handstand Push-ups
10 Power Snatch
30 Handstand Push-ups
13:31

“Daniel”

50 Pull-ups 
500m Row
21 Thrusters @ 75#
1000m Ro2
21 Thrusters
500m Row
50 Pull-ups

22:21

Dedicate to Army Sgt 1st Class Daniel Crabtree who was killed in Al Kut, Iraq on Thursday June 8th, 2006. 

Hello everyone! I see you are always strong and getting better Windy!

I am another story.  I finished Ragnar tho! Barely...

My back is making slow progress.  I cant sit very long.  Herniated disc :( I see the doc next week. I will pursue the MRI just for peace of mind.  I don't want to end up paralyzed.

Today an easy beginner yoga that is now challenging for me with my back issues and stiffness. Ali Begiinner yogaAt lunch ran 2 miles pace 10:01.  So frustrated that every year I just seem to get slower and more injured.  :( feeling sorry for myself.  All the hard work and miles in and nothing to show for it.... WAAAAH

thanks, Jo.

this is a rough time for you, and it's perfectly understandable that you're frustrated.  Wish I had something that could definitely help.  But it looks like you're caring for yourself as best as possible, staying safely active, and taking the wise precautions of official diagnosis.  pls keep sharing, both the positive and the not so much.

long CF competition weekend, teamed with a fine athlete friend:

DAY 1

WOD#1

8 MIN for each team to establish a 3 Rep Max Front Squat

* Bar will be taken from floor, by each athlete.
* Score will be the total of the heaviest completed 3 Reps by each athlete.

WOD#2

6 Rounds for time: (10 Min timecap)
15 Thrusters 75/55
15 Russian KB Swings 53/35

*Only 1 athlete working at a time. Athletes must alternate complete rounds.

WOD#3

For total time, each athlete will complete the following: (9 Min timecap)

13 Burpees over the Rower
31 Calorie Row
13 Burpees over the Rower

*First Athlete will perform Burpees+Calories+Burpees, then the second athlete will follow.

DAY 2

WOD#4

"Scaled Smash"
2 Rounds for time: (10 Min timecap)
60 Wallballs 20(10ft)/14(9ft)
45 Plate Ground to Overhead 45/25
30 Deadlifts 185/125

* Break reps up as needed, only 1 athlete working at a time.

WOD #5 

15 Min AMRAP
Buy In: 1000M Run*

12 Abmat Sit-ups 
9 Box Jumps 24/20
6 Shoulder to Overhead 95/65

*Both athletes run 1000m together. After returning from run begin AMRAP with remaining time. Athletes must alternate every movement. Step ups will be allowed for scaled category.

final very respectable tally was placing 10th out of 25 total tough teams.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
10 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service