30 Bananas a Day!

This 30BaD post is for support and inspiration. IT IS FOR EVERYONE. (Yes, you!) Everyone (you) can use it either as a daily exercise journal, a place to post sporadic exercise episodes or events, sources for valuable exercise information or injury prevention, or a place to simply chat and cheer everyone on. It's a place for everyone (you) to feel accepted and loved and encouraged.  It's a place for everyone (you) to feel at home.

Views: 80633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello guys haven't wrote here lately but I'm currently not feeling well! I lost appetite for every type of food, my stomach is feeling funny! Tho i excercise twice as much as I used to! Umm I'm a Muslim and I fast 16hrs daily, so maybe that plays a role.

Happy Hump day!

Today Arm workout  no weights cuz im a weakling  then Eye candy yoga Holla!

Then a 4 mile run pace 10:28 im trying to up my running mileage again back to 20 miles a week so need to slow my pace so I do not get hurt....

So I have a date this weekend.... :) Kinda nervous haha

Who's the lucky fellow?  Does he know he'll need to order two pizzas? ;)

So how was the yoga?  Unless you're still "previewing" it...

RO, am I correct that this daily fast is temporary for Ramadan?  Just a few more days then.  This observance does present a challenge for eating appropriately, but you may find helpful tips in here on how to do so successfully:  http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/blogs/blessed-ramadan-for-our...

And while she is very busy, the author of this blog, PK, may be able to help you further if you have additional questions.  

Consider logging your meals with Chronometer again, so you at least have some concrete data from which to proceed.  What is it you're feeling exactly, and how long has it been going on?

Group CF:

WARM-UP: 
2 Rounds -
10 Box jumps
10 Burpees
10 Good mornings
10 behind the neck Push press
20 Calorie Row

<THEN>
Burgener Warm-Up

STRENGTH: EMOM for 6 minutes - 5 Hang Cleans @ 95#

METCON: Diane (21-15-9)
Deadlifts @ 185
HSPUs 2-3 pads

This one was frustrating as my pulls were strong, but my pushing power quickly evaporated.  but managed to finished in just over 8 min.  

after some rest, worked on single reps of back SQ.  Prior lifetime PR was 220.  I hit 225 without a problem, then slapped on a couple more plates, and successfully stood up 245, a 25# PR!

Way to smash that PR!

Usual pilates + strength routine this morning :)

Yes the fast is temporary, just for Ramadan. I'm eating less than 2000 calories and I'm so calm during the day. I Clean the house and walk around my garden. I'm very sleepy and of course I feel hunger most of the time. When we eat dinner I'm full after the third bite. I then excercise for 2hrs or so after a little rest. Fasting is healthy for a while but I don't want to drop my weight fast. Oh and I have a cold.

Now's the time then to take good care of yourself, RO.  A cold is simply your body telling you it's working through something right now, and would much appreciate maximum rest, including from vigorous exercise.  No surprise you're hungry, as your cals are low.  If you're having a challenge eating much in the eve, rather than trying to power down a large meal, i'd try spacing it out.  Have those few bites, then one more, then wait a while, and have a few more, repeat.  We've all got different eating patterns, and remember that you've thrown your body a bit of a loop with such a different schedule for these past couple weeks.  I'm sure you'll be able to re-balance after the middle of the month.  

And just to clarify, from the health perspective we advocate here, the only fast we consider a "true fast" is pure water only.  Anything else less than proper calories is simply unsustainable.  Genuine longterm fasting (anything over 3 days) does have its place, rarely, though always under qualified medical supervision and ongoing testing.  This might apply when trying to resolve serious health issues unaffected by other methods, weight loss not qualifying.  For that, as you know, it's much better to live well and let your body create it's own preferred physique in its own good time. 

Group CF:

Partner Medballs
10 each Chest Pass
10 Twist Pass (ea side)
10 Wall Ball pass
10 Over/Under
10 Sit Up Pass
SKILL jump rope
0:30 Singles
1:00 Double Unders

STRENGTH:

10x3 deads @ 300

wasn't so long ago this was my max single, so that's some progress

METCON: 5 Rounds
10 Wall Balls @ 20#
10 KB SDHP (sumo deadlift high pull) @ 70#
10 T2B (toes-to-bar)

12:27

cooled with 15-20 min yoga, emphasizing back bends. 

Jo, I've been working on rotating from ddog into wild thing, then wheel, successfully, but am stuck on flipping back around.  Any tips?  

SHIT!

Today decided I am going to certify as yoga instructor !  Im determined now!  So devoted to Tri yoga for next few weeks.  I did about 40 minutes of water flow today practicing saying the instructions out loud.

Today went to get a professional bike fitting at local bike shop. Met the owner on recent group ride.  It was pricey but sooo worth it.  My knees felt better and arms and shoulders!  Did a test ride after ward 3.2 miles 453 ft climbed.  Felt great. 

I canceled my date btw!  We may reschedule for another time.   The bike shop owner invited me to ride this Sunday though with a big group and food and drinks afterward :) Could be a meat market for hottie athlete types!

Just came back from 12.5k in 67:40. Still having a nausea though...

TGIF!!!

Sorry to hear about the nausea Banana Lily!

Today practice triyoga Earth series for about 30 minutes and 4 mile jog pace 10:15

One more week of summer school! Then time for a little bit of traveling this summer! Can't wait!

Nausea's always rough, Lilly.  Anything new in your life that might be to blame?  foods, stress, hydration, activities?

Go for it, Yogini Jo!  That'll be a good add to your CV, and your long term goals.  Ooo, hottie athletes!  

Enjoyed the company of many today at a local CF gym grand opening their fresh location.  Naturally, suffering marked the occasion :)

"Fight Gone Bad!"

Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

First time I've had the chance to do this fully as prescribed RX.  Bolstered by a cheering crowd, I scored 300 on the nose.  

Good work Windy! Still waiting on my complimentary training session! ;)
Today got up early for a killer trail run. 8 miles round trip pace 14:51 elevation 2371ft left knee was a little sore so I went easy. Definitely lost some fitness since the Mt Wilson trail race in may. Similar elevation 3 min slower pace.

Then had to work 4 hours... Some Yin long holds back at home while catching up on my shows on the DVR. Mr robot is a great show by the way . Enjoy your weekend!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service