30 Bananas a Day!

I am newly vegan and honestly, I'm struggling to forgive myself for eating meat and dairy for the time I did. When I was a child I chose to be vegetarian as soon as I understood where meat came from.  I started eating meat basically when I was in relationships with men who ate meat, which may sound crazy but is probably one of the main reasons those relationships never worked out ultimately, as I knew I had compromised the very core of what I believed to be right in that no animals should suffer for us.

Since recently making the change to become fully vegan, I have listened and watched many video posts.  So often, I hear vegans saying they "will never preach" about adopting a vegan lifestyle to those people who choose to continue to eat meat and dairy.  Great authors such as Tolstoy and Da Vinci both stated that if any human being with a glimmer of compassion entered an abattoir they would likely never eat meat again and that until man considers the murder of animals the same as the murder of men, we will not live peacefully on this planet.

I am so distressed at the reality of the meat and dairy industry and I don't see why any vegan should feel the need to be quiet about the ethical reasons for choosing this lifestyle.  Yes, it is healthier but I believe you will only stay on it if the emotional connection to the animals is at the forefront of your purpose.  DON'T apologise for highlighting the uncomfortable truth.  When I bring up my reasons for going vegan and explain some of the facts about the meat and dairy industry, the usual response is "oh, I don't want to think about it".  Well tough shit, because the animals have to LIVE that reality every day; they don't have the luxury of not thinking about it because it is their life...or end of their life.  I'm almost at the point, where although most of my family and friends are not vegan, I am struggling to forgive them if they don't want to change once they know the facts.  Watch a video on what goes on in an abattoir and the cruelty that goes on, then make up your mind, that' my view.  Once I opened my eyes and stopped kidding myself that free-range, organic meat was o.k, it was instant and I knew I would NEVER eat meat or dairy ever again.  

This site is great as it is about spreading a positive message about the health benefits of going vegan and the raw till 4 diet etc and I really love Freelee's and Durian's posts as they are honest and refreshing and often comical.  The positive change they are making for the sake of all the animals is incredible and inspirational.  That is the point, don't keep it to yourself, let your friends/families and people you come into contact with why you're vegan and how important it is to end animal suffering.  If you say nothing, being vegan alone is not enough.  We all have a responsibility to be the voice for animals and to initiate change in others.  SPEAK UP LOUD AND CLEAR for the sake of the animals please.  

In educating myself on becoming vegan, I've had to watch some pretty horrific videos that make me cry every time I think about them.  I'm sat up now rather than being in bed as I'm so disturbed by it all.  I know you can't force your own views on others and go around preaching in a dictorial way but we can gently approach the subject with others and hope they too will see that it's not o.k to just say "I don't want to think about it".  Make them think about it.

I know so many of you do so much and you're better than me as you've followed this lifestyle for longer and all of you inspire me so much to do more and live better.  All I'm asking is spread the word with your head held high and speak the truth.  We are the voice for the animals and it needs to be heard NOW.  

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can just feel the passion in this post. Awesome.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
11 hours ago
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
Tuesday
Peter posted photos
Tuesday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
Monday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
Monday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service