30 Bananas a Day!

Okay, I've been pretty confused lately. I know it is said that women should be getting a minimum of 2500 calories a day for sedentary, but not every person is the same. Tall, short, average height and different body types and weights. I'm 4'11'', weigh 139 lbs (stuck at this weight for about a month with a lot of body fat) and 24 years old. On cronometer, my BMR is 1391, and 4 days out of the week, I am on my feet for 7 hours, standing, walking, lifting anywhere between 5-40 lbs and use 8lb hand weights at home for about 15-30 minutes along with 30-100 squats every day (trying to work my way up to 100). Should I still be getting 2500 cals or a little less? Or should I base it on how I feel from eating a little less? If I subtract the minimum cals from BMR, it leaves me with a 1109 cals. I don't feel as though I burn that much with what I do, but who knows. I also go to sleep at around 1am and wake up at 7-7:30am and eat/drink 4+ liters of water per day and I'm Raw Til Whenever. Would love to go raw so my body can heal and use up the excess body fat, but financially can't do it until I make more.

Views: 973

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah "selfish" cause I won't use my paycheck to help buy "normal" food and eat like a "normal" person *rolls eyes* also cause since she took care of us alone for 19 years, we should help take care of each other, yet they're not willing to eat healthily :( Not going to help buy their food when they'll just waste it on meat, cheese, milk, eggs and screw up their health. Mom does buy fruit pretty often, but I can't eat a lot of it since its to share. I'll just have to use more of my savings to eat more, pretty much live on bananas, rice and potatoes only..and save a little less. Ugh..

Also, my sister is the one who is mainly the tattle tale x.x she's the one who ratted me out for my interest in different religions and spirituality, eventually finding my own spiritual path, which my mom (being super Christian) every much disapproves of since she thinks I brought Satan into the house and I should be controlled. Only way to live here (ultimatum) is throw out my spirituality (which I still hold on to, but flying under the radar and not saying anything) and be a Christian again, OR move out. Picking the latter, but its very hard with how much rent is here in California and trying to be near my job. My brother isn't usually a tattle tale since I'm keeping a few secrets of his ;)

Its quite alright Sam. I've been told I'm selfish and naive way too many times by my immediate family (mostly my mom) so just have to shrug it off and ignore. 

I agree, being selfish about my health is the healthy thing to do, but since I'm not taking part in the abuse of animals and only eating them for "taste" rather than survival, totally not selfish!

I have met some super Christians in my life that are super spiritual.  You know the Buddha talked about Satan too but called him Mara, not such a big bad guy when you know yourself.  Just a temptress really.  And Jesus said to know yourself and to look within, the kingdom of heaven is within you.  But I know it can be hard to convince some people that vegan eating is not sinful, just the opposite actually, gah.  Tell your Ma that if she can eat  a live chicken feathers and all then that'll show she is meant to eat meat. Just keep wearin' 'em all down! :D

I can understand your Mom's point of view with sharing, maybe you can get them something each time you go shopping and put your tithing fruits on the table for everyone and your personal stash in a corner under a blanket in your room.  Also maybe if you get a doctor's note saying you need to eat this way they will give you some respect.

My mom has no issue religiously about me eating vegan, she's just not used to it since "its not normal". Doesn't even say its a sin. We actually planned that once we went to Costco, that if I buy a case of fruit, mom would split the cost 50/50 so that half a box will go to them, and the other will go to me. We just haven't been able to go cause of work and my mom stuck in bed a lot lately, resting. Makes sense though that in Genesis, man was originally vegan, but after the flood, ended up having to eat meat, but in this day and age, really don't need to be eating meat or animal products anymore.

FYI, I have no issues with Christians, just the super Christians who try to shove their religion down your throat and spew "You're wrong, all religions besides Christianity are of Satan and you'll burn in hell". Met some pretty nice Christians who are super spiritual, just not into the fanatical ones ;-; happens in all religions. Sadly my mom is turning into the latter slowly..*shivers* 

Watch Dr. McDougall preach the diet of Daniel here at around 13 minutes in! :D

Ya and you are being the opposite of selfish because you are not taking the life of  an animal just to satisfy your taste buds.  You are not causing the imprisonment and torture of cows by stealing their milk.  You are not causing the imprisonment and torture of chickens by eating their eggs.  You are living a most compassionate life!

St. Francis of Assisi
(1181-1226)

"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it... If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

http://www.all-creatures.org/cva/th-assisi-stfrancis.htm

Where is the "like" button when you need it!? D: *searches the screen* Darn it~~Freelee, Durianrider, give us a "like comment" button please!

:)  Check out the link to the christian site too, maybe your Mom will like it.

eating more and sleep more...its a recipe to kill confusion!

Lol! ;)

x.x people have lost their jobs dumpster diving in my area..its sad really since they just throw out the food and still good to eat. Its considered "theft" and trespassing cause its on the property. 

It was on the news quite a few years ago x.x; not even an urban legend. They didn't dumpster dive their own stores, but once they were arrested under "trespassing and theft" and when their jobs found out, they were fired. America..is a crazy place Dia.. :(

No need for sarcasm Dia >.< Didn't mean that I trust everything the media says, but since I've been to several grocery stores in my area, they have put locks and some even security cameras near their dumpsters. 

Yeah that video was pretty good, but still won't do it. I've seen what we throw out in our bins and its a mis-mash of bottles that held chemicals along with the food x.x eww..

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service