30 Bananas a Day!

Hello my friends! Just wanted to post about eating late at night. I often find myself eating all my calories during the day then snacking at night until 9:30 and going to bed on a full belly. When I stop eating around let's say 6 or so I tend to look forward to my breakfast more. What do you do??? (:

Views: 1106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like to finish my last meal before 6. I hate the feeling of going to bed with a full stomach. That being said, I don't think it's harmful to eat late at night (as long as its high carb vegan) just personal preference :)

Hmmm, sometimes I have to eat late at night to get enough calories in because I'm STARVING when I get home from something. Last night I made myself stay up later than I planned to so the food could digest a little. I wonder if it would have been better to just go to sleep right after eating? I find that many nights, I need to snack at night to get enough calories in. I don't know if this is a good thing...

I CTFU every night... just in incase.

Whatever works for you and your schedule is fine.  Digestion takes a lot of energy so going to sleep on an empty belly is ideal so your body can do some healing but it's not that big of a deal.  Most importantly make sure you eat enough before you go to  bed.  What is enough?

A.  How do i know im not eating enough calories from fruit?
1. Cooked food starts to look and smell good.
2. Cooked food looks more then the toxic, second rate slop it really is.
3. Your energy, power, strength start to go downhill.
4. Your attitude starts to suck. You just want to rip apart people and scream at them with frustration.
5. You start to question this whole raw gig.
6. You get cravings during the day and evening.
7. You start to rely on discipline to keep you raw.
8. You start to make raw pasta dishes, raw cakes etc.
9. You start to question if we really need to exercise.
10. Your so thin and weak that your athletic friends start to get concerned.
11. You start to question veganism.
12. You start blending maccadamias with dulse and spread it on 1inch thick flax crackers you made at 3am in the morning.
13. You wake up at night and steal your housemates fruit. If your housemate is called banana guns and he told you not to eat the papaya, and you did, you aint eating enough fruit cals.
14. You start to want to take fancy herbs and experiement with other diets.
15. Your actually eating cooked food and reading this.
16. Youve got some Fred Bisci Enzymes in your pocket and your ready to try the 'all raw but 20% cooked rule'
17. You want to believe that Brian Clement is right when he says corn chips are better than fruit. 
18. You just paid aajonus vonderplanitz 400$ for a one hour consult and he told you to put an egg on a window edge for 50 days until its putrid and then to eat it. and you did it. you saw your dog eat some animal poo and you tried it too. ( true story i just heard).
19. You just cant sleep!! you are approaching insomniac.

I did number 13. :D  Although it was an apple and my roommate told me: oh, I can not eat fruit in the evening, fruit makes you fat! (she is fat) so I told to my self: it's okey, she won't need it and I can rebuy it the next day lol

I eat pretty late at night but don't get home from work until 7pm. I wait until 10:30am or 11am to have my first meal of the day though. 

I hate going to bed within two hours after eating because of the discomfort it causes.  So I usually eat a massive meal at the end of the day so I have absolutely no urge or need to eat later on in the evening.  

I've ate before bed my entire life:) I just have trouble sleeping unless I'm full though. I've watched animals eat before bed many times too. I'm sure it's just one of those do what works best for you type things:D

+1

The only time I eat late is when I've been too busy to eat the amount I need for the day. Then I'll have some bananas before bed.  Otherwise I'll wake up at 2am or something and want food and disrupt my sleep.  Best to get those cals in during the day, though.

A lot of people who are starting out like to take more meals until their bodies adjust to the amount of food eaten each meal, in this case they may be eating more at night.  But I think this evens out for most into 2-3 big meals a day.

If you can't get all your cals in early in the day, then I would take eating late over unereating any day.  Don't skimp on the calories because "it's too late in the day".  Babies sleep right after eating, animals do that too, it's ok to do that.  I have trouble eating lots of cals, and I do that on the regular basis.

On the flip side, when I stop eating a few hours in advance of sleeping, I do wake up a bit more energetic.  So I do try to get the food in early as much as I can.

Like ednshell said, "it's not a big deal".

what works for me is to have a huge breakfast (1400 calories)

a smaller but till big lunch (990 calories)

and dinner to have just 500-600 calories

Eating this way I have found is much easier when you eat the most in the morning, and slowly smaller meals throughout the day, dinner shouldn't be the biggest meal. If you don't prioritize eating enough during the day, you will be more likely to eat something you don't want to eat at the end of the day.

That being said, I think a banana or two or some tomatoes is fine before bed. Keep it light :)

But if you are hungry for more- then eat! You won't be able to sleep if you're hungry.

Just make sure you start off the next day with a massive breakfast and plan out your meals for the day to make things easier.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Apr 2
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service