30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you have seen the new ‘thing’ on Facebook (or maybe it’s not new, but my friends just now started doing it). Girls are posting their shoe size followed by the word ‘inches’ for breast cancer awareness. Yes, it’s kind of provocative and gets people’s attention (ex. 9 ½ inches extra wide) but it has nothing to do with breast cancer and doesn’t help in any way.

So I was thinking about posting an update that includes ways one can prevent breast cancer or heal from it if someone already has it. I know I can’t make it too long or people won’t take the time to read it, but I have so much to say! This is what I was thinking about posting:

“Maybe I’m just slow, but I don’t see the connection between your shoe size and breast cancer. There IS, however, a connection between breast cancer and several lifestyle choices. Studies have shown you can reduce your risk for breast cancer by: 

*Eating a healthier diet (whole foods over processed foods)
*Exercising regularly
*Wearing a wireless (or no) bra
*Quit using antiperspirant (opt for deodorant WITHOUT aluminum instead)

Cancer is a terrible disease. It’s caused devastation in almost everyone’s life in some way. So do some research and spread the word. I would love to see a day when cancer is completely gone <3

(I will further explain any of the above points upon request, but to keep this from getting too long, I didn’t go into detail.)”

What do you guys think of that? Do I need to make it more concise? Anything I forgot? And does the tone sound okay? I don’t want to sound judgmental because nothing turns people off more than that. Also if your friends are posting shoe sizes for breast cancer, considering posting something to spread true awareness. Knowledge is power :)

Views: 847

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good thoughts.
Wait, wearing a wireless or no bra prevents breast cancer? Explain?

I wouldn't say not wearing a bra for sure prevents cancer, but some studies have shown there is a correlation, and I know I've seen it before somewhere on this site. I think the main explanation behind it is that wearing a bra (especially tight-fitting or underwire ones) constricts your lymph nodes. When this happens your body can't go through its normal process of flushing away toxins. Just think about it: when you take your bra off are there often reddish indentations where the wire was? That's a good sign it's blocking your lymph flow (plus, to me at least, it's just plain uncomfortable!).

This site looks like it explains it pretty well:

http://www.007b.com/bras_breast_cancer.php

Of course there are many who consider this just a rumor, and there's not really 'proof' because not too many studies have been run on it. But I think if there is a possibility, it's worth exploring and sharing so others can be aware and judge for themselves :)

Great Idea!

I wanna do the same!

I might have to find out more info off you too, as my mum just found out yesterday she has a cancerous lump in her breast. She is gonna have it cut out. I want to send her heaps of info on how to "cure" cancer.

Have you got a database of info ready to send to people?

No, I don't have a database of info ready to send out. I actually should have been more prepared before posting my status! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom though. I'm sending love and positive energy her way!

I did just find this site about antiperspirant that looks good:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/AP-Deo

Like bras, the evidence isn't 'proof' worthy, but in my opinion worth looking into if there's any chance it could help.

Diet and exercise are the more generally accepted ways to heal/prevent cancer, so they shouldn't be hard to find information and books on at all.

I'll search around some more and then post with the best information I find.

Thanks. Yeah, there is a lot of info out there. I'll be doing a lot of research myself. This thread and others will definitely be a place to come for other people too to find out about how diet and healthy living reverses ("cures") cancer.

Yeah, all this useless "awareness" and "research" cancer stuff, totally. I think you should emphasize more that not only does (I think #1 reason) diet (greatly) reduce your chances, diet REVERSES (cures) cancer and various diseases. Check out this preview video of the DVD "Healing Cancer from Inside Out, 2008". I just downloaded a torrent and watched it. It's great!

Great suggestion! I definitely should have put more emphasis on diet and curing cancer, but I got impatient and went ahead and posted it! (I already had to cut it down because fb only allows 500 characters lol!) It's just so sad that so many people see chemotherapy and radiation as a 'cure' for cancer and don't realize that by their own efforts they can do so much more!
That's a great video! Does anyone know whether the "rave" diet is any good?? I want to send this video to my mum but if she follows up and looks into the rave diet what is she gonna find? Is it raw vegan or close to 801010?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
12 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
13 hours ago
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service