30 Bananas a Day!

Everyone, check this out.  What can be figured from this?  It's a very interesting insider article worthy of consideration:  

Views: 1539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe some of the information you guys have posted on here would be very helpful for Shazzie and a lot of raw vegans I know. It's interesting that we've found the ultimate human diet, yet somehow we can't seem to sustain our little ones on the healthiest diet in the world. It's such a contradiction that needs desperately to be resolved.

We should share our knowledge with Shazzie and be friends . . . do it for Evie.

:)

Andrew had his first dental checkup last week and he has SIX cavities.  They are between his teeth.  The hygienist told me that I need to be more consistent with flossing (she could tell we were doing a good job with brushing his teeth).

The hygienist estimated that the decay starting happening about two years ago which is about when Andrew was weaned from breastfeeding (Andrew is 5).

Rainbow's teeth are in great shape (she's almost 17 months old and still breastfeeds).

As of a few months ago I no longer feed Andrew and Rainbow a 100% raw diet, but they do eat a vegan, high raw diet.

They have always supplemented with B12 but I've added a K2 supplement.  Since we live in Hawaii and are outside everyday they are getting plenty of Vitamin D.

I also ordered a waterpik.

This is what I recommend all parents do:

1.  Make sure your child brushes after each meal (especially right before bed) and flosses (especially right before bed).

2.  Get regular dental checkups for your child.  I would have taken Andrew to the dentist sooner but Roger didn't believe in dental checkups.  Because this wasn't caught sooner there is $2000 worth of damage done to Andrew's teeth that would have been prevented if he had a checkup sooner.

3.  Make sure your child eats plenty of greens. 

I'm working on a more extensive article but I wanted to share what was going on.

I'm working on some strategies to see if they will work to re-mineralize Andrew's teeth.  His next checkup is in July--wish us LUCK! :)

On a brighter front Andrew had a physical recently and his vision is perfect, his hearing is perfect, he is of the right height and weight for his age and his overall health is EXCELLENT.

Rainbow's last medical checkup went really well. 

Both Andrew and Rainbow are very advanced for their ages!  :)

And they are gorgeous! :D

So many these days are getting cavities, it is awful when it is your kids who you've been raising so healthfully, but it is a phenomena due to our unhealthy society.  It is really tough to know what is right in our mixed up medicalized system.  I do know some kids that have remineralized their cavities that have not gone below the enamel.  Fortunately we get another set of teeth later, good you caught it now at least! :)

Mikey put together a nice thread on this topic.  Basically it seems that we no longer have a healthy bacteria ratio in our mouths from generations  of unhealthy eating.  Some people do but many do not.  So this is why keeping our teeth clean by brushing, flossing and using anti-bacterial rinse is important even though it really is not natural.   Topic 'Poor Dental Hygiene Advice is it the common cause of teeth i...

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated on the remineralizing.  

Mahalo ednshell!

I had no idea that raw spinach interfered with the uptake of iodine.  Mike (another Mike, lol) from lfrvfamilies.com pointed out the iodine connection to dental issues.  Andrew ate TONS of raw spinach.

Personally I can no longer eat large amounts of raw spinach because I realized that the oxalates were upsetting my stomach.  Steamed spinach doesn't cause the issue as much so long as I don't over eat it (which is hard because I LOVE spinach both raw and steamed, lol).

I'm going to stick to other greens like romaine, celery, etc.

Hopefully we can all put our heads together and figure out how to keep our children healthy!  :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
4 hours ago
Profile IconStephen Leonard Bub and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
4 hours ago
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
4 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
4 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Thursday
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Wednesday
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Wednesday
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Wednesday
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service