Bananas, dates, romaine & iceberg, loquats, apricots, pomelo, mangoes, celery
lychees, mango, mamey sapote, cherimoya, watermelon, papaya, passion fruit, apricots, raspberries, cactus fruit
and what about yours Chris?
lemon drop melon
blue tit plums
Papayas , Sharon fruit, Pink lady apples, Spinach, Nectarine xx
These are mine:
1. feijoas --aka pineapplestein. One cannot find these outside of the west coast of the US, and even then, it's difficult. And, they're tough to grow in greenhouses, and wouldn't grow where I live. The tragedy!
2. green apples
3. melons -- i love melons. i haven't eaten them in years because they were so expensive, but now that I'm where they are much less expensive, I can enjoy! yay!
4. citrus -- lets just say that I love this whole family. I can mono-eat any citrus fruit (except lemons/limes) ad infinitum
6. cucumber -- technically a melon, but I didn't include it above
7. kale and similar 'hard' greens -- i love it, seriously
8. lettuces, sprouts and herbs -- yes, seriously! i know everyone thinks I'm cracked about this. I just love growing them
You'll notice that I favor tart over sweet and savory over sweet, too. I'm weird like that.
You're so right about melons. I went to the grocery store yesterday and they wanted 99c a pound for cantaloupe and honeydew. Cha-chiiing! Can't wait for summer
When I lived overseas, that would have been a *good* price in season! :D
Used to love dates but for some reason I find them not as appealing.
Not in order of favour, but....
5)) Green Smoothies
10)) Stone Fruit