30 Bananas a Day!

So does anyone out there boost their salt/sodium intake after lots of physical activity? Like, say, running all morning and then adding a celery stick or a pinch of red salt to your smoothie?

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I drink an electrolyte drink during my cycling but other than that no salt to speak of. I use the Nuun tablets for sake of full disclosure.

Coconut water is the best ! Celery in smoothies is good too.

Yes - I add salt to my smoothies.  If I don't, the water I drink goes straight through me and I'm super thirsty all day.

Tried celery and other veggies/veggie juices, and they didn't make the slightest difference.

If you're thirsty then you are already dehydrated.

You are supposed to pee clear and around 8-12 times per day.

lol  

Thanks to all for the input! It's good to know a pinch of salt or a Nuun tab (looks like they do have sodium added) is an option after a run! I SUPER crave salt. Celery in a smoothie hasn't worked for me, but celery juice has... maybe just because I'm able to drink so much more of it and my body needs the sodium lol. Inconvenient to go home and juice celery though.

I will look into coconut water too... I've heard it is "nature's gateorade" because of the electrolytes. :)

For many the salt issue is like the protein dilemma. A bit of a fear based belief that we do not get enough of a certain nutrient or vitamin when on a Raw Vegan diet. Always think of it logically, as in, how did nature design this for us?

First, sea-rock, and definitely table salt are 'Protoplasmic' poisons to be avoided at all times. All salts in a sense are sea salts coz that's where it initially comes from. We are not sea creatures, thus, salt from the sea is not welcome in our bodies. We need the natural sodium's that our fruits and veggies contain in sufficient amounts, and when eating a variety and plenty of them there is nothing to worry about.

After a decent work-out or 100 miles around the park you will of course need to replenish and you can do that with large green juices or smoothies. And as already mentioned; Celery is one of the best sources of natural sodium. Coconut water is incredibly valuable as well, but ye gotta make sure it is not pasteurized, as most commercial ones are.

"Happy fruiting"

Agree

Do not add salt to your smoothie lol!

Just have a small green smoothie if you're worried about sodium intake. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
yesterday
fruity78 posted a discussion
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Nov 13
Nov 13
Nov 13
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Nov 13
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service