30 Bananas a Day!

Hi guys!

I have been pursuing 80/10/10 for less than a year now and I'm learning how to succeed more and more every day.  For me I always hear what Freelea and Harley say about cutting out salt and I would try it some days but then just crave it later.  I am seriously addicted to salt and I want to free from it so bad.  It's easy to eat fruit all day, but at night I want my salt.  I would try to eat salad but the only way a raw salad is appealing to me lately is if it has plenty of avocado and of course some form of salt on there.  I have been listening to Freelea's videos about eat more high carb cooked food at night and so I started to eat some potatoes at night.  But then I would add hot sauce or lots of salt and spices.  I would feel bloated the next day and have horrible digestion, even a headache the next morning.  

But finally the "salt free" mantra penetrated my brain.  I started eating potatoes and rice at night but with no salt (except for in the low sodium vegetable broth to cook the rice.)  I feel 100% different!  I feel better than when I eat a salad with over fats.  It's so true: high carb cooked is better than high fat raw!  Not that I was eating a ton of overt fats before, but eating cooked at night is helping me kick this salt craving way better than when I was eating avocado.  I am even waking up with tons of energy the next day and my tummy feels flatter than before.  

Sometimes someone can say something a million times, but it's not until the million and first time that it sinks in.  I finally understand, Durianrider and Bananagirl!  NO SALT!!!!  It is totally changing the way I feel.

I hope this encourages anyone who is struggling with the whole salt thing!  Try eating potatoes and rice with no salt.  (Sweet potatoes and yams are better with no salt than normal potatoes.)  I also just got the Walnut Acres marinara sauce to try.  It has no salt added and 0 grams of fat.  Pretty much unheard of for pasta sauces so I'm excited about that.

Has anyone else been incorporating more cooked food at night for transitioning?

Views: 428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting this! I definitely need to be keeping this in mind! 

Great ideas. I haven't been able to totally kick the condiments when I eat cooked at night either and I know it is holding me back. I will definitely try those things.

What do you put on your rice and potatoes if anything? I do get bored of eating rice or potatoes every night
Also did you cut out garlic powder?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Feb 18
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Feb 18
Rock posted a discussion
Feb 17
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Feb 17
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Feb 15
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 15
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service