30 Bananas a Day!

I am very confused about the water retention due to salt concept. Before when I was eating SAD I was very slim and even when I was eating salty food, I did not have any water retention at all. And now I have been eating high carb vegan for 1.5 years, whenever I eat any amount of salt, I get water retention. I dont understand how this works at all? Has something changed in my body? 

Can anyone help me out?? 

Thank you!!!

Views: 692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

do you excersise? get a sweat on?

Im a dancer so yea I do exercise, but the same amount as I did previously... 

how much water do you drink?  you must be consistant with hydration otherwise your body will hang on to it, if you drink enough each day your body will release the retention.. 

1ltr as soon as you wake up 1ltr before meals(at least 1/2 hour) 1ltr before bed

Oh i drink up to 4 ltrs of water a day... but i didnt used to drink think much water before and I did not retain any salt and I used to eat lots of salt before. 

we do need salt to survive, digest etc and if you are quite active a little more, but how much is enough and what is the best salt to have? they say for a healthy balanced diet 6g a day but these are the people who say meat and dairy is good for you! I use pink himilayan rock salt because of its rich mineral content but no where near 6g a day. what I am trying to say is are you getting enough salt? perhaps you need some as you are very active just balance it out, what salt do you use, because the fine table salt etc is not good, sea salt etc is good

Oh really!? I didnt even consider that fact that I actually may need some salt! Well the salt I consume now and then is simply from nori wraps if not from amino acid soya sauce thing, and occasionally when my boyfriends mum cooks vegan curry which i think has normal salt. I guess I should consider including a little salt. Hmmm, thank you so much for your help!!!!!

It is the sodium (ions) present in salt that the body requires in order to perform a variety of essential functions. Salt helps maintain the fluid in our blood cells and is used to transmit information in our nerves and muscles. It is also used in the uptake of certain nutrients from our small intestines. The body cannot make salt and so we are reliant on food to ensure that we get the required intake.

Based on the requirements of a human body, an average adult requires an intake of 4.2g salt per day. The minimum requirement is 1.5g. 

The government recommends an intake of 6g salt per day for an adult and less for children. 

At the moment the average adult intake is 10-12g. Pro-salt campaigners argue that any healthy body will process just the right amount of salt it needs and the kidneys will dispose of any surplus.

wow thank you so much! I am gonna consider some salt intake in that case. I guess you are right!

Really!? So do you think drinking lots of water has something to do with it too? Because I thought you were suppose to drink lots of water to flush it out :-S

Thanks for replying!

Your body just isn't used to that amount of salt anymore.

Thanks Shanana :) 

You really think its just about getting used to it? So if I started consuming salt regularly, it would be fine?

Me too! I used to love salt and cook with spoons of it! It had no noticeable effect. Now if I have any, I get bags under my eyes, swollen ankles, belly "fat" for a few days...I look 10 years older.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
8 minutes ago
Peter's photo was featured
19 hours ago
Profile IconRuby, linhle11, 13thMoon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
19 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
May 30
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 28
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
May 26
Peter posted photos
May 26
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
May 26
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
May 26
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service