30 Bananas a Day!

Some folks seem to gain weight, while others appear to lose it right away or at least stay steady on this lifestyle. For those of us who gain on the RT4 lifestyle, is there any interest in starting a group within this site to offer each other support? Perhaps one exists already that I can be directed to? It would be nice to hear from those, who maybe gained weight for a year on RT4, but then lost it. I have run across maybe three or four women in that category who have shared here (thank you!). Maybe there are others??

As for a little about me, I have been on this lifestyle for almost 2 months, which I realize is nothing in terms of an adequate healing process. Some days seem fun, smashing in those carbs, while others are more of a struggle. 

Busting out of my clothes, digging through my closet for tent dresses in order to give my body a hide-away/cocoon/space for its process -- even in the name of optimal long-term health -- requires stamina that some days can falter. 

And, I know I can't expect those closest to me to see the light of this lifestyle without seeing results first, so on I plod, downing banana & date smoothie after banana & date smoothie, smiling to myself as I think, "They don't know what they are missing." ; )

My original intent in coming to this lifestyle was to detox from nuts and unsweetened chocolate, which I ate in excessive quantities (sometimes 1 lb of almonds or pumpkin seeds a day, half lb of 100% cacao chocolate a day). I was also otherwise bored with my diet, which comprised mostly of (& often raw) sweet potatoes, kale, carrots, chickpeas, apples, chia seeds, almond milk, other green leafies, squash, unlimited salt and coconut oil or avocados, Vega shakes. Occasionally, I would have eggs, cheese, or fish, maybe a couple times of year, but they mostly gross me out, so I am relieved to have found a lifestyle that says I don't need them. I was bulimic in my teens and 20's, but have managed it (i.e. no purging) in the past decades by my food choices including limited carbs, but lots of plant fat. 

I was what I thought was a normal weight = 125 lbs, 5'4", age mid-forties. I hiked a lot and did yoga. I ran several marathons in my mid-thirties, but don't currently run. I haven't weighed in since starting the lifestyle, but I can go and find a scale if that would be helpful. I am just aware of jiggling arms and legs, and stomach rolls, where there were none before, a swollen neck/chin, and clothes that are no longer comfortable to wear. Often I feel like a walking water balloon, especially after a meal.

A typical day for me calorie-wise has steadily been increasing from 2800 to 3200 to 3600. I had a few 3800 hundred days, followed by 7000 calories yesterday!! Maybe it's just that I have never counted calories before, but that felt like a record!

It also made me want to check in and see if this is what I am supposed to be doing for optimal health and weight loss? So, yesterday, I ate 20 bananas, 25 medjool dates, 1.5 boxes of corn fusilli with 2 cups of peas and a can of low sodium chopped tomatoes with three small baked potatoes & a tablespoon of lo-salt, no-fat salsa, black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon. 

First and second meals (8 am & 11:30 am) were this tasty banana ice cream float I make --basically, a 10 medjool dateorade with spoonful after spoonful of ice-cream that I make by just putting 6-10 frozen bananas in my Vitamix. At 4 pm, I ate 1/3 of the above pasta-potato combo, and then finished the remaining 2/3 at 6:30 pm. 

I drank 5.5 liters of water thru out the day, peed 15 times (day & night, as I have to get up a couple times to pee), walked for 1.5 hours in the afternoon sunshine, and slept from 10 pm to 6 am that night. 

This has been a pretty typical day, except that I usually have romaine lettuce or arugula with a choice or combo of rice, pasta or potato with the above seasonings for dinner. Peas are my "fat" when I haven't had an avocado in 1.5 weeks and don't have one on hand. And sometimes I only walk for 40 minutes. I used to do yoga, but I am too full and/or bloated these days to want to move like that, so I'll pick up some hand weights or do some squats instead.

I have been on vacation for the past few weeks (it ends next week), so stress has been low, as well as giving me an opportunity to explore this forum and youtube and learn what I can. I recently ran across two separate RT4 women, who have switched to a Starch Solution-based diet and are now getting results that they did not get after a year on RT4, which has given me some pause. I'm wondering if I should I try that, stay with RT4, go to Banana Island, return to my old eating, as those around me think I should…. Maybe you can see why I thought a gainers' group might be helpful. : )

I love the idea of my cells swelling up, so that they can one day release any accumulated toxins. I love the idea of achieving optimal cellular function and unlimited energy once the debris is gone. I love banana ice-cream in my life, although I think I am allergic to unripe ones (i.e. normal, yellow vs brown, sweet and soft), which I had to learn that the hard way and from all of you. ; )

I picture my cells doing their important house-cleaning right now. My skin feels smooth and soft. I have had some break-outs around my mouth since starting the lifestyle, but I am guessing that is just detox, whereas before starting the lifestyle, my cells were just hanging on to stuff. My nuts and chocolate addiction ended by Day 2 on this lifestyle -- I almost forgot that!

If I feel tears trying to come on at night, because I am uncomfortably hot or my skin is expanding on my neck, the back of my arms, my back, my belly, my butt, my calves, even my fingers and toes sometimes can ache, I remind myself that things often need to feel their worst in order to feel their best. I recite, "Go to bed Buddha & Wake up Ghandi."

I love Freelee's inspiring video presence and look forward to watching them each night, Durian's never-ending conviction that there are no long-term fat HCLF vegans, and all of your brave and honest and helpful posts. I love the animals and this planet, and what can be more motivating than that.

So there you go. This is me -- hiding behind the pic of a smiling banana & a tent dress in real life. Sorry for the length & detail. Any insights or suggestions would be welcome, and let me know if you need any more info in order to evaluate. 

And many thanks to all of you for your past posts, extraordinary support you've shown each other & the tons of helpful info you've put out there over the years. You have kept me going this far!

Views: 3897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for asking for clarification on this important issue.  I'm happy to answer.  The problem lies in saying to someone that they are eating too much and advising they calorie restrict. If you read the links above you'll see it's common for anyone who has ever calorie restricted to gain weight and it can be uncomfortable.  The 30BaD guideline is to make sure one gets those minimums no matter what and then to eat as much as they care for above and beyond that.  So when you suggest they are over eating, that would be calorie restriction advice.  The 30BaD protocol is not to start at the minimums and build slowly- this leads  to hunger, poor energy, poor mood, cravings and a multitude of other symptoms.  Weight gain or loss is not how to gauge how much to eat.  Weight will be healthy eating rawtil4 or HCRV when you give the body the time it needs to heal.  Hope this explains things.

Here is how one knows how much to eat above the minimums:

A.  How do i know im not eating enough calories from fruit?

1. Other food starts to look and smell good.

2. Cooked food looks more then the second rate option it really is.
3. Your energy, power, strength start to go downhill.
4. Your attitude starts to suck. You just want to rip apart people and scream at them with frustration.
5. You start to question this whole raw gig.
6. You get cravings during the day and evening.
7. You start to rely on discipline to keep you raw.
8. You start to make raw pasta dishes, raw cakes etc.
9. You start to question if we really need to exercise.
10. Your so thin and weak that your athletic friends start to get concerned.
11. You start to question veganism.
12. You start blending maccadamias with dulse and spread it on 1inch thick flax crackers you made at 3am in the morning.
13. You wake up at night and steal your housemates fruit. If your housemate is called banana guns and he told you not to eat the papaya, and you did, you aint eating enough fruit cals.
14. You start to want to take fancy herbs and experiement with other diets.
15. Your actually eating pizza and reading this.
16. Youve got some Fred Bisci Enzymes in your pocket and your ready to try the 'all raw but 20% cooked rule'
17. You want to believe that Brian Clement is right when he says corn chips are better than fruit. 
18. You just paid aajonus vonderplanitz 400$ for a one hour consult and he told you to put an egg on a window edge for 50 days until its putrid and then to eat it. and you did it. you saw your dog eat some animal poo and you tried it too. ( true story i just heard).
19. You just cant sleep!! you are approaching insomniac.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/notes/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Thank you both for this clarification on my discussion. Two months in is nothing on this lifestyle, I do understand, but it also feels like an easy point to get discouraged. The fact this forum exists is extraordinary, and it really helps to be able to check in and share as I have. In fact, the support makes me want to have a banana smoothie for dinner tonight! I'm not kidding. 

Boom! Some facts

i relate to this so much ^_^  i posted this discussion http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/anyone-else-eat-a-massive...

because i too have gained, feel very uncomfortable at times (have to wear bigger clothes, can't wear most of my shorts and jeans...), and eat a large amount of cals (i too ate 7000 cals plus yesterday) :-)

for me what helps is the truth that i will be uncomfortable for a few months or few years, to then live a Lifetime of freedom around body and food.

i can't ever think of going back to restriction, even if i end up gaining another 10-15 pounds, and have to wear bigger dresses and looser shorts...

and this is neat too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMHYXpzq2E&index=11&list=U...

traditional koreans ate More than durianrider, perhaps...

Thanks for the encouragement. I liked the vid. I'll check out your post next. : )

Thank you, Ginny. And welcome to the lifestyle! Enjoy the freedom, the happy mind & eating lots of yummy fruit! : )

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubcribed Even More As Funding Demand Jumps #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lXEgcM"
Thursday
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubscribed As Funding Demand Soars 50% Overnight #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2mi7u6d"
Wednesday
"$53.2 Billion In QE Lite: Fed Concludes First Repo In A Decade Amid Liquidity Panic #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kFdPbI"
Tuesday
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 16
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Sep 14
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Sep 14
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 14
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Sep 14
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Sep 12
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service