30 Bananas a Day!

My tires are goners and I really need new ones now. Not super happy as I am trying to save my money, but biking is something that I do everyday. I wanted some good ones that are semi fast as for what I can afford right now. I love these ones and the colors. I need your advice on a color. I am leaning towards yellow and I want to put on yellow tape for my handle bars or maybe white tires. Please give me your opinion. :)

amazon- Vittoria Open Corsa Evo Cx

Also, If you have any other tires that you like, please let me know! I have never bought new tires. 

Here is my bike-

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

have you tried the vittoria brand? that is what my old ones are. they have lasted me about 2000 miles. I really like the colors too. I was thinking about the continental GP4000(s) though. 

I thought yellow would look good because of the small yellow strip on my bar. haha I guess it would be to many colors though with red. I just think white will get so dirty but maybe I will get some black tape too. 

I love my trainer! I got a super good deal on it from REI. I saved $70.00 so it was $270.00. I get bored on it though. Prefer to bike in outside on the road in the mountains :) 

okay I will get the Continental GP4000. They only have black though :( If they are fast though, I like that! 

Oh i heard the roller trainer is great! Do you use it a lot? love the weekend long rides. I usually do mine on friday or sunday! 

what about these? red c gp4000 man I suck at ebay and shopping online ahha
thank you! I will check them out
I haven't tested a lot of brand but I like Michelin Lithion. They last quite long (about 4000 km for me) and are cheaper than most other (but I saw big prices difference depending on the seller).

Depends what you want? Strong OR fast. 

Corsa's are FAST but wear quicker than an armadillo's that are still fast enough (Ive raced Div1 with em).

Also just put a new one on the front and wear em out proper on the back.

I ride my rear tyre to the canvas. Then again, if it blows, Im ready for it. ;) 

I ALWAYS ride an excellent condition tyre up front though.

Ive riden a lot of different tyres and if I could only ride one, it would be from the Armadillo family. I dont ride em all the time cos Ive got a bag of tyres that I got when I worked in the bike shop back in 2003. People would bin tyres that were still race worthy and I always recycled em.

If you don't race then you should consider puncture resistance, comfort, and long term wear over speed. You will pay a lot more for a marginal gain in speed. For training I recommend 25c width. My friend raced and trained on continental gatorskin 25c tires. He never got flats, was on the same set of tires for over a year and was freakin fast. I used to use michellin pro race2 and then pro race3s and I liked the way they felt but I trained and race a LOT and was going through tires every 2 months. Not very economical when they retail for $70 each. Since then I've been on Bontrager race x lite Hardcase tires. I haven't had a flat in months, they are relatively light and fast, and wear a lot slower than a pure racing tire. They also come in Red. I also use old racing tires that I get for free, mix and match front and back, whatever I can get. It makes much less of a difference than the tires companies marketing department would like you to believe.  Unless you are racing at an elite level tires wont make a noticeable difference in speed unless you are running a super heavy junky cheap tire which you shouldn't be putting on a such a nice bike anyways!

I like the look of black tires but red would look great too. White bartape looks great but is very hard to keep looking clean. I always use white tape but I'm obsessed with keeping my bike clean anyway.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
8 hours ago
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
10 hours ago
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday
"As Hong Kong ATMs Run Out Of Cash, Central Bank Steps In To Prevent "Panic Among The Public" #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35aHziW"
Oct 7

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service