30 Bananas a Day!

Recovering Bulimic in need of help/support and healing in Raw till 4

Hello, I hope I can meet people who have the same background as me, as I feel extremely isolated!
Background: ED started with calorie restriction, obsessive calorie tracking via myfitnesspal, ended up at 95 pounds at 5'5" 
Gained some weight back and reverted to bulimia, which I struggle with to this day. I sometimes use alcohol to cope. I don't really binge and purge, I just eat too much and purge. However, mentally, it still feels like a large calorie binge.

I am probably at 137 now and I am extremely uncomfortable. I've been vegan for 3 years so imbibing in animal products isn't a problem. The problem is that my husband is a snack fiend and loves pizza, chips, and ice cream (he is vegan as well) I also really love baking sweets :c

I already eat close to a HC RT4 besides when I slip up with eating chips and other unheathy foods (edit). I eat a lot of bananas, brown rice, sweet potatoes, lentils, beans, and greens. I can drink 1.5L of water a day and I am working on drinking more. I used to drink absolutely no water at all for years!

I am afraid to get into the habit of tracking my calories again because this was a big pillar in my restriction days

I do go to therapy for my ED, depression and self harm. I unfortunately cannot work out too much because of my tachycardia and ehler-danlos syndrom, but I am working on using Wii Fit U for Yoga and light cardio.

I need help healing, I really want to leave this ED behind, work on my self-image, and no longer fell tempted by snacks and over-eating. I need to feel a sense of community and maybe friendship, I believe this will help me stay srong. Has anyone come from the same background, is their any specific RT4 meal plan I should follow?
I generally eat blended frozen bananas with flax seed and sometimes raisins for breakfast and lunch, then some sort of salad with edamame beans and sweet potatoes. I snack in between with bananas and raisins. I am boring and I can eat the same thing everyday forever. I still need to learn more about food combining and the High Carb Raw till 4 lifestyle!

Views: 341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Rachel, the best advice I can give is to just try and realize that eating this much isn't a bad thing and is actually a very good and satisfying thing. It may take time since you are still struggling with your ED for your digestion to become more efficient so it won't feel like you just ate too much or are in pain. Just know that these things take time and as you continue to keep more down and nourish your body, you are going to feel sooooo amazing inside and out. If spacing your meals out a little bit where you eat half of a meal that is enough where you won't feel like it's too much, and then after it's digested a little, like 30-45 minutes later, eat the other half so you get in the cals without the full Buddha belly. I'm also glad to hear you are in therapy and looking into light exercise. Exercise is a great stress reliever and a good way to tone up. Fruit is obviously best since it's going to be the nicest on your digestive system but if and when you feel like something warm or savory then abso-fruitily go for the rice, pasta, potatoes, and legumes. Whatever keeps you staying strong, awesome, vibrant, and healthy is what I believe you should follow so it might take a few mistakes and lessons to learn to see what works out for you but just know that it's okay if you don't follow raw till 4 or want something cooked earlier in the day. I hope this helps, and message me anytime :)

Thank you for the encouraging message!
Sometimes I eat a cooked lunch just to break of the bananas. I really do wish to be full Rt4 on the grounds that the community is amazing and so is the food <3
I just need to remind myself that whole foods make me happy and junk food does not, old habits die hard :P

Lol, and maybe just let your husband know that if you guys could cut back on all the junk food in the house that it would be helpful for you in terms of healing and recovery. Junk food every now isn't bad at all though, look at Freelee and durianrider with their pizza "binges". I too indulge on some cruelty free cupcakes and cookies sometimes because they're amazing and delicious.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Thursday
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service