30 Bananas a Day!

Raw Vegans And The Vitamin K2 Bone Health Issue

The eat-meat-or-face-disaster crowd says raw foodists and vegans are just asking for brittle bones and dental nightmares because of the lack of vitamin K2 in our diets.

It's not that uncommon to have ex vegans with teeth issues blaming them on the lack of K2, generally because they've heard about the relationship and assume that has to be the cause. 

But is there any science to actually back this up?

Here's an interesting question for you: Where do cows get THEIR K2?

Because I've gotten a lot of questions on the topic, I've written an article on Vitamin K and what raw foodists and vegans need to keep in mind about the issue.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Views: 1486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a good article, although the aff link sorta just falls right out of the sky, maybe you should explain supplementation more (forms, efficiency, etc.)...not criticizing, just giving you an honest feedback :)

and I believe I once read about a study where they K2 was successful in solving some heart issues while K1 had no effect at all

then maybe some info about getting tested, is it even possible to test just for K2?

Yes, there have been quite a few issues tied to one or the other, but I've yet to see any convincing evidence that one is really better than the other.

The key elements I'm trying to get across are 1) so far, there really isn't much consensus that one or the other is superior 2) Even if we need K2, we can make our own if we're healthy.

Per your request, I mentioned why testing is not going to work to determine k2 levels.

oh, and one more thing, I believe that also conversion is possible from K1, so we don't have to rely on bacteria alone

ok, now, that's enough, it's like I'm asking you to become the K2 wiki :)

(Devil's Advocate).  Cows get their K2 from their multiple stomachs they use to digest and ferment the greens they eat which we do not have.

The more greens you eat at one sitting the less you are able to convert K1 into K2.  The difference is HUGE.  If you eat 150g of spinach you are only able to convert a 1/3 as much K2 if you were only to eat 50g of spinach.  I am afraid to even know how little we convert with the 450+ grams of greens I eat at a sitting.

On the cows - yes, don't see it as worth the effort to get into this. The key commonality is the bacterial production. I don't think any reader assumes we have the same anatomy. At least I hope not.

Conversion - I'd be interested on seeing the science you're relying on for this.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
12 hours ago
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
yesterday
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Biggest Deception On The Whole World EndGame Plan

This will alter our lives and paradigm forever. I know this will shock and disturb most people listening. PERSONAL MESSAGE I WANT ALL MY DONOR BOX SUPPORTERS...
yesterday
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
yesterday
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16
Miles Brandon is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 16
Profile IconMichael Taube and lizzie joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 7
Rock replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Feb 29

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service