30 Bananas a Day!

Hi All,

I'm spending Thanksgiving this year with some friends, all of whom embrace the SAD diet...They are planning on making corned beef and several typical T-day side dishes.  I plan to bring fruit and veggies of course, but am wondering if any of ya'll have ideas??  How might I give my fruity contributions a T-day theme??

Views: 1065

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, tell them you were going to bring Turkey or mashed potatoes.........but you figured that EVERYONE would be bringing that stuff so you wanted to bring something different.   :-)
Thanks Fred, I'm sure they'd LOVE that!  My friends pride themselves on being open-minded, though that mentality does NOT easily extend to food!!

Below are a few things that I have brought to family get togethers that have been a "major success"...

* Fresh dates from "The Date People" or from "7 Hot Dates"

* A big and colorful fruit basket with the best looking and tasteing fruits that I can find.  (Spare no expense)

* An assortment of different nuts/seeds (Including young thai coconuts and a huge knife to cut them open)

* Zucchini pasta

Those things all seem to catch people's interest and get them to try some raw vegan foods.  Like I mentioned already please spare no expense.  Get the best quality stuff that you can if you wish to make a lasting impression on your friends.  You might influence one of them to start eating raw pasta instead of spaghetti and meatballs or to start eating more fruit or maybe even to eventually become a member here some day.  Show your friends that fruit is beautiful, that dates are sweeter than any candy, that there are lots of fruits out there that they have never even heard of before, and that you can re-create any cooked food taste with raw foods and without the guilt.  Even the smallest positive impression you leave on them can be major over time.  Good luck to you on this!

Thank you Jared, for the advice and encouragement!  I am planning to make the zucchini pasta, and will certain bring a wide assortment of fruit.  I'm picturing a big, bountiful salad!!  Again, thank you!!

Excellent ideas. I usually bring a fruit basket now whenever I go anywhere for dinner....most people think it's for dessert...but, for me, it's the main course!

Allen, I've been doing the same thing!!

At first I wasn't going to celebrate at all because I've always thought it to be an awful holiday that promotes stealing land and slaughter, but I decided to be more positive about it. So many people celebrate it not even giving thought to the intent behind it, mostly for the family gathering aspect (including my family). Since they're going to celebrate anyway, why not make it about actual thanks? Thanks for the delicious fruit! :p

So I'm going to make a huge zucchini pasta, fruit salad, caramel apple sauce (apples blended with dates, which I honestly just tried today and it is amazing), a big bowl of grapes, maybe a salad, and whatever else I can think of. :) Of course I'm sharing it all if anyone wants it, but I plan on eating tons. :) Not like that would be different from any other day. ;)

Kim, the caramel apple sauce sounds to die for!!  Thanks for letting me know!
I love apples with dates but never thought of blending them together, yowza!!! :D

John Kohler from okraw.com shares some excellent ideas for holiday dishes in this video. I'm definitely going to try some of these for this Thanksgiving. :)

That persimmon mango pie looks pretty good! :)

wow...so colorful!!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
3 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
6 hours ago
allie posted a photo
6 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
22 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
23 hours ago
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service